visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

The Beaver Lumber Company

Comments

• it's pretty damed spectacular.
  • Wow! Just amazing!
  • Spectacular....
  • edited April 2023
    Thanks guys, I didn't know this was on Youtube !! Kev, the with is 2foot.
  • Robert.G said:

Thanks guys, I didn't know this was on Youtube !! Kev, the with is 2foot.

thanks robert

• WOW!! Great video. Just gets better everytime you look at this creation.
    Thanks for finding this Karl. And thanks to Robert for such a beautiful module!!

Jerry
  • Just fantastic!
  • edited April 2023
    Robert, Fantastic modeling of not just the structures but the scenery as well. Great vision of how to place the structures in an extremely realistic woodland setting.
    Karl, Thanks for sharing the video.

There are a few versions of the Beaver Lumber Company videos to be found on line. Another version;
  • This version showcases more of the details of your excellent work.
  • Hi guys.
    As you may know, I visited Robert last weekend on the train show "mobexpo 2023" in Antwerp, Belgium. At the show there have been about 30 layouts, most of them in a really high quality. But Robert's was something special. It is highly detailed and truly tells a story. Robert created a superb balance between the different structures and the scenery.

And I found the most important detail of the "Beaver Lumber Company" layout:

DSC_1312

DSC_1314

Thanks again, Robert, for your time and your helpfull explanations!
  • Jens,
    As you pointed out those critters are truly ubiquitous and important to ecosystems throughout Europe, Asia and North America. Great that Robert was able to showcase this "guy" in a scene within his diorama. Robert has a great sense of detail and presents it very naturally.
    Later, Dave S..
  • Thank you Jens for finding this mandatory occupant of this fine layout.
  • Finally, after many years of articles on SW builds, The Beaver Lumber Company and thus Sierra West have made it to the cover of the On30 Annual !!

Schermafbeelding 2023-07-05 om 08.58.19

• Well done! An honor well earned!
    Terry
  • this railroad should be on the cover of time!
  • Congratulations Robert, a real honor!
  • Congratulations Robert. Well deserved!!

Jerry
  • Robert,
    Great news. I had learned that your module would be featured in an article but was not aware that you earned the cover as well. Well deserved. What the people who order the Annual miss is your great video that is on the SierraWest site. I have my 2023 Annual on preorder as well.
    Later, Dave S., Tucson, AZ
  • A question about rhe On30 Annual….aside from buying a copy because of Robert’s great article, would the Annual be of benefit to us HO modelers?
    Terry
  • Congratulations Robert. I bow down before you....
  • Congratulations Robert. Well deserved. That is a great module!
  • Hey Robert, bring your module to the NMRA Convention in Dallas this year 8/20 to 8/27 for all of us in the US to see!
  • edited July 2023
    What a great, well deserved, honor. Congratulations.
  • Terry, both the On30 annual and HO annual are great information for HO scale. Techniques are just that regardless of scale. I typically buy both as an HO modeler....Rick
  • Robert,
    Congratulations. This is well deserved. Not only for the incredible model builds, but for the unbelievable landscaping detail you incorporate into every diorama. It is truly spectacular and well deserved.

George
  • Way to go Robert! Your stunning work continues to get the recognition it deserves.
  • Congratulations well done.
  • Robert, your work sets the bar so high. Utterly fantastic. You earned that cover....Rick
  • Many thanks my dear friends !!
  • Well deserved Robert, a real masterpiece and a joy for everyone to see.
    You did a phenomenal job on all of it, beautiful.