visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

The Beaver Lumber Company

As promised, photos of my new mega diorama or smaller layout, anyway you want to see it. 4meters long.

Now let me begin to say that I am NO racist, but in this case it is a Sierra West builds layout only. No others allowed. :)

The long layout consists of several SW builds I've made ( not all of them due lack of space. The two modules had to fit in my car..) All the trees you see on the layout are home made. The rocks are plaster.

The Beaver Lumber Company is actually the Sawmill and all the buildings that go with it. The story behind the BLC, you can read in one of the previous On30 annuals. The name Beaver came from the name of a lake, Beaver Lake that was purchased by the Branson family in the end of the 19th century. Together with all the forests around it. ( it is also my scout totem name... 'Natural Beaver' , Got it for being a creative person who likes being in nature..)

So enjoy the pics.

20220805_113905

20220805_114427

20220805_114748

20220805_114916

20220805_115006

20220805_115128

DSCN5572

DSCN5573

DSCN5574

DSCN5577

DSCN5578

DSCN5586

DSCN5593

DSCN5599

DSCN5606

DSCN5607

DSCN5608

DSCN5610

DSCN5614

Thanks for watching and thank you Brett for these wonderful kits that gave me several years of building pleasure.

As always, those who want high resolution photos, just send me a message with your email.

Now I hit the road with this Sierra West layout and then back to the bench... :)

Robert

Comments

• Fantastic Robert, an amazing display of skill and creation.
    Cant wait to get home later and enjoy them on a bigger screen
    Something to be very pround of.
  • Holy smokers!!!! Since I’m not of the “meter” persuasion, I googled the conversion …..13 and one half feet…. I say again, holy smokers
    Amazing Mr. G, simply amazing
    Terry
  • Absolutely incredible Robert! Your integration of the structures into the overall diorama is perfectly done and your scenic work is top shelf. Some of the finest work I have ever seen!
  • WOW, have been highly anticipating seeing this Robert. WOW! No disappointment, that's for sure. Cannot wait to study all of the pictures. Would love to see some overall pics to get a feel for the entire layout. Thanks for posting these!
  • I knew your carpentry was top-shelf but your trees and terrain are terrific too! Thanks for the eye candy!
  • It's beautiful.

It does, however appear to be missing something...a beaver!
  • Phenomenal! That is incredible! I love how the structures blend in with the scenery. It certainly has a back woodsy feel. The ground cover scenery looks so real with the diversity of the mixture of "plants". The rock work is also very realistic. Just can't say enough about it. Very nice! Thank you for sharing, it is truly an inspiration. I echo Brett's remark would love to see more!
  • No fair putting photos of real things up and trying to pass them off as being models. Holy cow, these are incredible.
  • Robert,

Amazing modeling. Thanks for the pics.

Frank
  • You know Robert, you must have a lot of patience to make all those trees. It must have taken forever, knowing how long it takes to build one from some of your previous posts and magazine article. And the ground work is just fabulous. Of course all the buildings are just as great. I go along with Brett, and would like to see some over all photos to see how it all fits together.
  • Those are some beautiful scenes you've created. Wonderful work on th buildings, scenery and detail.

Jerry
  • edited August 2022
    i saw some of these on facebook, but i can't comment because i have 14 more days of facebook jail (for saying i wanted to throat punch the kids in the kars for kids commercials). this diorama is spectacular! is it a functioning diorama? (does the train run on it?) would love to see some video of it. and perhaps a shot from outside the diorama so we can see it in perspective.
  • i just looked at them again. i swear i can smell the pine needles...
    fantastic..
  • Yes indeed kebmo, the trains do run on it.
  • Robert,

Those two models are awesome. Looks like another article for On30 must be on the horizon. But just when you thought you had your two modules complete Brett surprised us all with another gem. So either you will need to squeeze this new kit in somewhere or start a third module. These modules look like the perfect setting for a velocipede and handcar shed and a handcar. It would be the perfect way to get small supplies out to the crews felling trees.
    http://www.craftsmankituniversity.com/vanforum/uploads/imageupload/164/5X2LL9UP9HDS.jpg

Later, Dave S. Tucson, AZ
  • Let me breathe for a while Dave... :smile:
  • Very nice work sir. I also would love to see a full pic of the layout when you get the opportunity. Thanks for sharing your great accomplishment.
  • Like Kebmo, this warrants a second comment. Thanks for setting the bar higher and showing what’s possible!
  • Wow Robert, this is really cool. You did a great job integrating the structures into the diorama. This looks like On30 and you have done a masterful job. Thanks so much for sharing.
  • Robert,

The Beaver Lumber company modules have cleverly worked in so many of the SWSM O-Scale kits but the one kit that got my attention was The Blue Sky Company. A truly awesome and unexpected woodland setting for such a great build. Great to read the article in On30 and see the kit build featured.
    http://www.craftsmankituniversity.com/vanforum/uploads/imageupload/154/W6HZOD7SEDFB.jpg

Later, Dave S. Tucson, AZ
  • Just fantastic work Robert. I have to go back and study each scene. A bit overwhelming. Incredible work.
  • Breathtaking. This looks ultra realistic and is a magnificent piece of modelling. Very very inspiring!
  • edited October 2022
    First exposition of the Beaver Lumber Company in France. Euromodels 2022 . About 200+ participants,, over 70 layouts and guess which one they picked to put in the newspaper... Yeah right...
    Was also chosen Best of show... :). :). :).

Lousy photo taken by the journalist, ( he was wrong about the scale also ...) but you get the idea... There was also an radio interview taken with me about this layout..
    The comment also says: an incredible sense of detail...
    Next show is in two weeks.. BLC hits the road guys.. Not much time for the bench now, but I'm following your efforts and will be back soon..

Euromodels

Robert
    ( the guy on the right in blue... :). )
  • Well done, Robert!!!!

Terry
  • Congratulations. Well deserved.
  • i doubt anyone here is surprised!! outstanding!!!
  • Nothing but the best. Congrats Robert.
  • Congratulations!! A job well done Robert.

Jerry
  • Congratulations! How incredible. A well deserved honor!
  • Congratulations! Your work is outstanding!