visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Duluth Plumbing

2»

Comments

• the corners look fine to me too.
  • I def see what you are concerned about. It is no big deal and don't obsess over it. Any "fix" would only exaggerate what you don't like. Remember, your not modeling a "corner" but a whole ass diorama and once planted and details surrounding, you'll be happy with it.
  • Thanks guys, that's exactly what I needed to know. That wall in the bottom pic was warped (even after I had stiffened them). My first attempt at gluing left the corner not flush at all so had to re-do it with more clamping and 3-2-1 blocks. Tricky but worth the effort for sure.
    I'm happy with the progress and as my 2nd build things are coming along pretty well. I saw something the other day in the forum where Brett was upset because a hobby shop owner had a SW kit listed as expert. I am proof that a beginner can definitely build these kits!
  • As Karl has stated numerous times....if you follow the manual, Brett explains how to achieve the outcome, and he's just a phone call away with further info, plus this forum is a great place to ask questions and get fair and useful feedback on you modeling. And your corners doo look fine, the real world has very few perfect angles and shapes...so if it's 91 degrees as opposed to 90....it will look fine in the end....and don't be afraid to "overbrace" a structure that won't have a finished interior....Keep up the good work...
  • They look fine to me. I find that the ends of laser cut siding need to be sanded to remove the laser burn that makes them look as thought they are not tight against the corner trim. I achieve this by sanding them lightly on my Ultimation sander. This flattens the edges and helps them seat more tightly. It's just something to consider in the future.
  • Ditto what Brett said.
  • Been chipping away slowly and now have some progress.
    Excited to see it finally taking shape and getting ready to really create the scene!

IMG_7728
    IMG_7726
    IMG_7725
    IMG_7728
  • Its always great to get the walls together and the roof on a structure. Thats when we feel like we are making real progress and can start visualizing things.
    Great progress with the roof and dormers in place.
  • Wonderful Tom, love your clapboard "damage" and overall weathering.
  • Nice work Tom !!
  • Thanks guys
    Mostly new techniques throughout. It’s been a lot of fun!
  • Excited for you Tom, came together nicely! Look forward to seeing the plan come together. Always liked this little gem.
  • Thanks Ken. Just finished adding the rafter details and starting the loading dock next. Went out and bought a lathe and mini-mill so I've been playing with them for a bit!
  • Very nice.

Jerry
  • Keep posting the pics please. It is enjoyable logging in and seeing all the great work being done here.
  • Looking great Tom, almost time for all those details and mini scenes.
    Looking forward to your next steps on this.
  • Thanks guys. Started working on the loading dock today! Moving along. I'll be posting more soon.