visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Duluth Plumbing

Ok!
Starting on build #2.
Duluth Plumbing
Here we go!IMG_2298

Comments

• This was my first SW build. Really enjoyed it. Have fun and post your progress....Rick
  • Cannot wait to follow along! Super fun kit.
  • Great kit and choice Tom, I'll be following along.
  • Interested as this one will be in the lineup
  • Nice! I may have to add one of those to the stash. Looking forward to your build.
  • edited June 2021
    And finally some forward motion!
  • More yellow than it looks here but nice and shabby looking!
  • Great foundation for the diorama. Love the beaten up look/weathering of the walls.
  • Great base color for further more detailled weathering. Shabby Chique as we say here.... :wink:
  • Looking good Tom, I like the random darker patches/weathering/etc on the walls, as you progress this will all come together great.
    Forward thinking kinda seems to come together later in the build, this looks like it will work out well.
    My yellow on my build scared me at first, but I feel it worked out OK in the end.

Looking forward to more on this.
  • It's been a while. Picking up Duluth where I left off. Not real happy with the dark window frame and not sure how I'm going to address it. Might dirty up the doors a bit. Right now it's just set in place. I figured I'd build one complete window and see how it turned out.
  • edited March 2023
    Looking good Tom, that yellow has come down to a wonderful colour.
    For the window (left) that you feel is too dark I would just add (damp-brush) some of the red back to only the face of the frame to bring it more inline with the doors colouring.

I think the doors look perfect as they are incidentally.

I looked back at my build and that is one of the few windows on the structure that doesn't have an awning over it. Therefore, theoretically it would be more weathered than the others anyway.

I think just adding back some of the red, then fading the red with a light grey carefully to the board faces will blend it back in nicely with the others.

So glad to see this/your thread 'pop' back up, I look forward to what comes next on your build.
  • Glad to see you back at this.
  • Really looks nice and grungy Tom. Love the subdued framing color and the siding color and weathering is top shelf! Nice work.
  • Excited to see this one..... its one my list of builds.... what did you use to darken the walls before you painted it?
  • Thanks guys, I'm glad to be back at it finally!
    Mike, I hit the walls with some AI and then various shades of chalks.
    Should be moving steady so I'll have some more progress pics soon.
  • Wall color is very nice. Like the trim colors as well.
  • edited March 2023

First completed wall. Only took 2 years! lol
  • That looks great.... I will be building mine in a couple months.... working on an off topic one right now.
  • Great colouring. Glad you are back at it.
  • looks great Tom. Like how you're taking your time and detailing each wall, as it shows the care and attention to the all important basics. Sets the stage for the rest of the project.
  • Thanks guys. Little busy with work the last few days, but I'll have more up soon.
  • fantasitcally grungy and nasty.... well done!
  • Making good progress Tom, definitely a lineside structure from the dirty days of steam.

Keep on keeping on, and of course sharing with us all.
  • IMG_7640
    IMG_7641

What are the thoughts on the corners? Am I to critical or do they need to be redone?
  • They seem OK in the pics here.