visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

The Main Street Warehouse #206 - in O scale. Karl.A

123457»

Comments

• My God this is some stunning work, Karl!
    Extraordinary!!
  • I would have to agree, some of his best work...
  • Karl,

The photos from many perspectives are great. Been following this project for a while hoping that at some time you might share the footprint for each of the 3 structures in
    the diorama in O-Scale.

Later, Dave S. Tucson, AZ
  • Outstanding build.
  • Karl. you are the man!! I love the brick work and all.
  • edited August 2022
    Karl.A said:

Worked on my favorite thing tonight, rafter tails and fascia boards...
    I also added the deck bracing, while I was waiting for those to dry I got bored so I painted the smoke stack which I built last week for the brick building.
    (It's painted black, but, the strong lights make it look silver.)

As I noted earlier in this thread,, I want to replicate the HO kit as closely as I can, so,
    here's the HO version, and the steps I took to come close to the original, with what I found in my drawers.

heheheheh. he said 'found in his drawers'. heheheh --either beevis or butthead
  • edited August 2022
    Ha Kev ! Still as sharp as ever I see.
  • Kevin - Now that is a smokestack! Very creative and great use of what was in your drawers.
  • Sorry Karl. Long day.
  • And yes it is so unique compared to a piece of brass tubing or a soda straw.
  • Hey Karl:
    I just saw this and it is awesome, and the fact that it is scratch built and you're copying one of Brett's HO scale kits makes it even more amazing. The tar paper roofs are really great, and your detailing is some of the best work. Thanks for sharing so many pics. I learn something every time I look at your work. Thanks.
  • edited September 2022
    Thanks for the kind words Grant, glad to read you enjoyed it, I look forward to you discovering the others and hearing from you in those threads.