visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

The Main Street Warehouse #206 - in O scale. Karl.A

Comments

• stunning, love those outdoor pics...
  • Thanks man, unfortunately no bamboo to fight with getting in the shots, I did try to get the trees kinda scaled. A nice semi sunny day for dio pics. Really appreciate it.
    Heres a few more...
  • edited March 2021

Not so sure I like those, but, I'm working my way around the dio now ...
  • The air compressor on the pallet definitely caught my eye along with the freshly chopped wood. The metal roofs are so correct, etc., etc., etc.........Rick
  • I did notice though, no spikes holding the rail down.
  • edited March 2021
    Rails are just lying there,
    the track work, like my recent blue sky and woodcutters dio's isn’t done. It’s the same 2 rails on all three dio's just for pics. I have plans for the track work, to come later.
    I know it detracts, but bare rail is better than none.

Thanks for the kind words, the metal roof also still isn’t glued on or flashed or capped for the brick structure, cos I’m still not 100% sure about it , but, I’m moving on, for now.
  • edited March 2021
    That’s why I tried to keep the track out of most of the pictures, as you’ll see. But that one of the dock was unavoidable...
    I did say I didn’t like those pics... haha

The air compressor on the pallet is copied directly from Bretts HO model, too awesome of a detail not to try and replicate.
  • Some of the scrap yard...

• Nice presentation
  • Thanks Bryan.

The street side...

• Hey Karl, you are the master. What a great project.
  • Thanks Steve, much appreciated.
    Here's the last side...

OK, I'm done.
  • What an achievement, again you deliver us one fine diorama. The setting outside, on a less bright day , make it even more realistic. Lots of brilliant details like the broken corner in the brick building. So well done Karl. Love to see more photos ,and I am sure, I am not the only one.
  • what robert said....
  • Fantastic Work Karl..thanks for sharing...
  • Karl.A said:

Karl, absolutely fantastic diorama, It all looks superb. Thanks for allowing us to follow along and presenting your thought process as you moved from scene to scene.

All the photos are wonderful but to my eye the one above is the money shot, 'Is it real or Memorex?' The wood pile progression with the weathered wheelbarrow against the fence, corner shot of the building and peaking over at the scrap yard, etc... WOW!

Looking forward to your next endeavor at the bench !!
    --Paul
  • Fantastic, truly inspiring
  • Just fantastic. The second pick of the boiler graveyard is just stunning. Great moody little scene. Love the lock.
  • edited May 2021
    Thank you guys, really appreciate all the kind words. It was a really fun build and many thanks to Brett for the original design/kit and all his help along the way to make this scratch build possible.
  • edited March 2021
    PaulS said:

Looking forward to your next endeavor at the bench !!
    --Paul

That 'might' be a little while, I've just done 5 complete builds in just the last 3.5 months, all fully finished, detailed and scenicked dioramas.
    I've got a few other things I may do before I start my next build, we'll see.

• Great work Karl! Love all the details and your placement of them. After your explanation of shadowing I see how it really adds to the overall effect. I'll have to keep that in mind for my work.
  • Really nice....
  • Karl, my apologies for my delayed comments to your build. You are the master!! I have run out of superlatives for your builds. What is difficult for me seems second nature for you. Can you provide a shot of the entire diorama? Thanks. I’m glad you’re building again. Phil
  • edited March 2021
    Thanks so much Tom, Art and Phil.
    Thanks Phil, it's good to be building again.

How's this for you Phil ? Is this what you wanted ?
    Unfortunately my work desk is full of another project right now and that Mainstreet dio is on the other desk behind me, so, the lighting ain't great.

It's 30" x 18", if you were wondering... ha

• Thanks for the overall photos. Sometimes we need the whole story as well as all the vignettes....Rick
  • Indeed Rick, they were in mind to do, just hadn't got to it.
    Thanks to Phil for giving me a 'nudge'.
  • Thanks Karl. That’s exactly what I wanted.
  • Great Phil, thanks for the 'nudge'...
  • Impressive for sure
  • As always , magnificent!