visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

HO Morton's Brass & Iron Foundry Build

12346»

Comments

• Everyone's comments are greatly appreciated. It is because of many of you posting that I have grown to this level. Inspiring and instructional to say the least. Still more to learn from each other.
    I hope more would get over their fear of wiring and try lighting. Once you understand it, it isn't difficult. It's like wiring a layout, trying scenery, learning to hand lay track, etc. Jumping in is the only way to learn and you can see the results.
    Ken, yes I swapped the doors on purpose. Note I also left the porch roof off the repair shop so people will notice the rollup door and interior detail.

None of this would be possible without the vision and dedication of Brett. Thanks Brett for your massive contribution to the hobby.......Rick
  • Rick just outstanding !!
    What comes forth for me is the wonderful blending of the warm, earth tones throughout the model. it all looks very natural ! Everything (structure, details, scenery) all blends seamlessly and all with the same warm color palette where nothing hits you but appropriately draws you in for a deeper look at all that is there.
    To me, and dare I say it, the photos posted of your model share the same natural feel of the late Brian Nolan's beautiful dioramas.
    Very well done indeed and looking forward to your next endeavor,
    Thanks for sharing,
    --Paul
  • Like how your customized the build with your own personal touches. And of course the lighting is next level! Great work.
  • Yup, knew you swapped the doors as a conscious decision...Lol...thought maybe it was a test to see who noticed, if so I win! Giving that roll up door a clean sight path is a nice gesture as it is a wondeful, fresh detail...leave it to Brett to continue to elevate the materials in SWSM kits. Again, really nicely done Rick.
  • Great finished diorama. I like the addition of the slight elevation changes, especially the retaining wall
  • lovethis. outstanding modeling. what a great looking industry.
  • You are all so kind. Everyone here are great modelers. Thanks all. Need more posts from all. We learn so much from each other.....Rick
  • Rick, agree we learn from each other. Keep up your great work bud!!
  • Hey Rick, fantastic work. Beautifully detailed and finished. The lighting adds so much warmth to the scenes. Looking forward to your next build.
  • Thanks Joel. In Hickory at the convention. Getting pumped up for the next project.