visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

yet another o scale railroad camp build

Comments

• too late. it's already built and configured for the boards to face out. i even built a gate....
  • wait, you said the side without all the interesting stuff showing out, so we're on the same page.
    ed: you're too kind. :)
  • i haven't been screwing off too much. i started on the scenery last week.
    scenery started 1

and the fence i've been talking about. it's just sitting there for now, nothing has been installed permanently. i have a long way to go with the scenery, but at least i have the first two layers down. Much more to come.

scenery started 2

once again, sorry for the crappy photos.
  • I really like the look of the fence, gate, and texture in the last photo Kevin. Great job.

Mark
  • thanks mark! i have a couple more layers of texture to add, and then some static grass. and of course....details.
  • This really looks good !!!
  • Really nice Kevin. Looking forward to seeing it detailed. Any idea if you are detailing all 4 sides? Be a shame to waste all the time on that great gate to have it never seen.
  • Great job Kevin! The fence turned out great! The gate is a nice added touch.
  • thanks everyone. i'm never confident that the dio is gonna pass muster, but i am always confident in the re-assurance given at this forum.
    joel, i plan on detailing all four sides of the dio. if i run out of details i'll just get more. :)
  • Looks great, fun part of the build for sure.
  • it's just a stage for the wood.
    the wood is the fun part. once that's done, everything else is just to enhance the presentation..... :)
  • eric,
    for the record, i don't think you're a psychopathic skunkfocker....
  • The gate helps tell the story of the diorama
  • no ed, i was being nice. eric said his neighbor calls him a psychopathic skunkfocker. i was simply telling eric that i don't think he's a psychopathic skunkfocker. you psychopathic skunkfocker...... :)
  • keep your head down and yank those weeds....
  • i decided to do a test run for the path going around the rear. i think this is going to work just fine.

path experiment 3

tonight i'll start working on the path on the actual diorama.
  • Very wise decision !
  • Kevin,

I am looking forward to seeing the final diorama and some of your great detail ideas bring it to life.

Later, Dave S. Tucson, AZ
  • Look's like Ed carrying a case of soda, By the way what is in that glass in the photo?
  • it's water from rinsing paint brushes. not too tasty.....
  • weil i took the plunge and epoxied the structures to the base. that was really all the scenery i could do until the structures were secured. tomorrow night i'll start playing around with details again.

structures epoxied 2

structures epoxied 1

i've got further plans for the rear, but the structures needed to be glued down before i can do it.
  • harv watching the checker world championship.

Harv watching the checker world championship
  • Nice detailing, love the LPs...
  • Looks great!
  • thanks gents. no ed, it's not a drink but there is a bottle of sam adams off to my left.
  • I like the path out back a lot.
  • thanks bryan. i started on the left side last night but need to finish up some details before i can swing around to the back. i did apply some static grass back there last night though.
  • i saw this on facebook and in a lapse of good judgement, i purchased it and frankly, i'm glad i did. it was an introductory offer and i jumped on it. it took about 6 weeks to get here (from china), but all in all i have to recommend it. it comes with 5 interchangeable lenses, and it works like a charm.
    magnification 1

it also has a pretty bright led built into it that works very well too.

magnification 2

all in all i'm happy with it. and it works great for the really small work.
  • oh c'mon...
  • It has this Star Wars thing about it, but I use it a lot since the hawk eye vision has disappeared some time ago..... :smile: