visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

the "official" Show off your SWSM 3D Printed details thread!

Comments

• Art,
    Awesome job Looking forward to a few photos of your finishing touches.
    Later, Dave S. Tucson, AZ
  • The boots are incredible. What a great littlr detail.
  • Little is the key word...lol....they will look great by the locker in the Water Tank kit...
  • Terrific job so far on the boots Art, as Jim says, what a fantastic 'little' detail.

Amazing stuff, keep up the great work.
  • SW Water Tank Hand car 1
    SW Water Tank Hand car in handStill needs some more.....just a start....
  • SW Water Tank Oil pump 1
    SW Water Tank Oil Pump 2
    Also initial weathering....still needs some touch up
  • edited December 2022
    Another couple of beauties Art and some great additions to the thread.
    Amazing what Brett is giving us these days, and, what is being done with them by the modellers here on the forum and sharing in this thread.
  • A good start...I want to lighten up the oil spills a bit...and get some of the details of the detail to show up better....the pieces are unbelievable...Brett has taken them over the top....
  • Can't wait to do the creeper....
  • handcar looks fabulous. so does the highboy. to hell with the kits, lets just play with details!
  • The more I look at the highboy....I want to lighten up the oil spill over.....it's too dark in my eyes.....later....
  • I think they both look great Art.
  • Nice detail work Art. What you got going looks like old accumulated grunge.
  • Love the details
  • I agree with Ken. The oil spill looks right to me. looks just like spilled oil on an old tractor engine that has accumulated dust and dirt. Can't wait to see how you finish off the boots. Randy
  • Working on them tonight a bit...my modeling time has been sparse and too short...
  • edited January 2023
    Just a few more of Brett's fantastic 3D stuff....still in chalk progress....SW Water Tank Creeper 2
    SW Water Tank Garbage can trash
    SW 3D Water Tank Creeper 1
  • The silver casters kinda show up....
  • Great looking details Art. You did a real nice job on the junk in the trash cam. Randy
  • Really nice depth on the paint job
  • That creeper is terrific.
  • Very nice!
  • I so wanted to put a small tear in the vinyl on the head rest.....may order another 1 (or 2) to do just that....I wasn't sure I wouldn't break it doing that....so just a little wear on the headrest......a rag and maybe a wrench lying on it....and I'm working on dirty oil in the collection pan....
  • edited January 2023
    That creeper is creepy good.
    Terry
  • Give me an hour...slight update....
  • edited January 2023
    Looks great Art, creeper is a wonderful, original detail, very nicely finished indeed.
    A tear in the headrest will be easy to do if you follow my steps from my torn PVC tractor seat.
    Looking forward to seeing what you come up with next.
  • I've damages a few of the #D castings as they are brittle.....so I want to do one but will just order a few extra.....photos of stuff tomorrow....
  • I love working with the 3D detail parts. Here's a couple of the new ones.
    Gas can 1:1
    Gas Can Full Size R

Gas can 1:87
    20230103_155412 Resize

Square gas can. Could be a can for any kind of solvent.
    20230103_155254 Resize
  • Nice details! I remember those old cans with the adjustable metal spouts.