visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

the "official" Show off your SWSM 3D Printed details thread!

Comments

• I remember filling up the gas tank of our Farmall Super M tractor out of cans like that one. Nice job recreating it. Randy
  • Inspirational stuff Tom and Art!
    Tom,
    That gas can is so real looking I can smell the gas vapors. Awesome job on the label.
    Art,
    Your creeper is so incredible. Anxious to see your additional details enhance it even more.

Later, Dave S. Tucson, AZ.
  • Really nice work on those gas cans Tom, just right, I have both types in my garage, somewhere.

I'm really enjoying seeing everybody's pics of these amazing 3DP details from Brett.

Keep up the great work and y'all keep posting !!!
  • Good job on the cans. I like those!
  • edited January 2023
    Y'all are having way too much fun with Brett's new 3DP detail parts, so, I had to jump in and join the fun.

I guess I need to get more active at my work bench, because...
    Now I need to build somewhere to put it...

I also think it needs a dunk in my "pickle jar"... haha

• This is such a fun thread to read. Love the outboard, that is a fantastic print.
  • A little more with the creeper.....and the oil pan....with old oil, a filter....SW Water Tank creeper with tools
    SW Water Tank Garage ensemble
  • edited January 2023
    i started putting the fordson together today. tomorrow i'll add the steering column and the exhaust.
    this is a project that phil at the tractor and logging repair picked up at an estate sale for $10. trucked it to work and he's gonna refurbish it after work.
    the farmer died and his children are all in the big ciiy now and don't want anything to do with the farm or any of the equipment.
    fordson with wheels

i just ordered wagon wheels......
    these are such fun. i might have to get another one of these fordsons down the road.
  • Sweet detail on then outboard!

How cool are those details!...nice finish work Art.

Love it Kevin!
  • Nice paint jobs on those Art. They look great.

Old McKebmo had a farm...e i e i o.....
    Tractor is looking bad ass Kevin!!
  • You always see what needs to be touched up in the photos.....I see a few changes I need to make....and will.....These are going into the truck repair kit.....
  • Muddy tractor wheels = AWESOME!
  • Time for an oil change.

IMG_1418 (2)resized
  • Nice little scene there Jim! Love the cardboard box.
  • Now how about that for a scene!! Great job Jim.
  • Thanks Ken and Emery. I appreciate the nice comments.
  • edited January 2023
    The comments are nice indeed Jim, and well deserved, i also noticed the labeled gas can off to the bottom right. Great application and finish on that too.
  • Now that's awesome!
  • Great little scene. The gas tank is perfect, also really like the way you muddied the wheels
  • Thanks guys. Very much appreciated.
  • Wonderful job on that Fordson Kev, rust and grime streaks on the tank and body look so good and the mud on the wheels finishes it off perfectly. The paint job underneath is also crisp and precise, very nicely done.
  • Nice scene
  • Updated and added new S Scale 3D Printed details including the much requested Fordson. Please check it out!

https://sierrawestscalemodels.com/3DP_S.html
  • Great job on the Fordson tractor Kevin. A well used piece of equipment for sure.
    The Fordson oil change scene Jim is quite realistic and extremely well done.
    Thanks for sharing your results.

Later, Dave S. Tucson, AZ
  • Kevin, Randy What did you use for the mud on the Fordson wheels? Looks very realistic.
  • edited January 2023
    These dolly's are super cool.

IMG_3199
  • Looks fantastic Alex, love the way that rivet detail stands out, great job.
  • Karl, thanks!

I finished the second style this evening as well.
    IMG_3209
  • Dang, there ya go... perfect.