visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

mineral spirits method

Comments

• it's now planted on its base.
    outhouse front

i tried for some rot on the rear wall ala ken...

outhouse rear

since these pics were taken i got half the roof done and the stink stack installed. i'm hoping to finish this off tonight. i'll be adding some moss to the shingles when the roofing is done.
  • This came together really well. Waiting for the final installment. Rick
  • thanks rick. hopefully tonight i'll be able to wrap this one up.
  • roofing is done. i'll spend tonight weathering it.
    outhouse roofing 1

outhouse roofing 2

what a sh*tty little place...... :)
  • I'm surprised it hasn't fallen over! Great job. Rick
  • Turned out GREAT! I can smell it from here!
  • thanks rick.
    tom, it's a real stinker
  • Looks pretty crappy to me. LOL I don't know if I would take any chances using this facility. It might collapse on me during an important job. Phil
  • That's a biohazard disaster waiting to happen.

How about some flowers around the foundation for fun?
  • thanks phil
    bryan it's not quite finished yet. i was just outside pulling weeds to see if i could get a nice root but its obviously too early for that.
    i'm gonna break out the landscaping stuff later tonight and see what i can come up with
  • thanks buddy
  • i'm calling this one finished.
    where i have planned to place it on the diorama (behind the hotel) you won't be able to see it unless you really try, and its time to get back to the hotel.
    here's the finished outhouse:
    outhouse finished 1
    outhouse finished 2
    my homage to ken karnes:
    outhouse finished 3
    outhouse finished 4
    there's actually alot more green in the shingles. i dusted some green chalk on each one individually.
  • Nicely done...
  • I hope I can hold it if it ever rains.
  • One of the best jobs of nature trashing a building in model form. Congrats Kevin. I can hear the wasps buzzing over my head. Rick
  • Super !!
  • This will be a great addition to the hotel
  • I hope the hotel is kept in better condition... :wink:
  • art: thanks
    steve: me too
    rick: you flatter me sir
    robert: thanks
    bryan; thanks
    robert: it is
  • Kevin - fantastic build. Great character, the weathering is spot on. Great colours and textures.
  • wonderful!
  • Great final result. You will definitely need to find a better place for it so folks can see it.

I had an outhouse on my Spokane layout. I had a person rushing to get it. My outhouse was simple and not as nice as yours. Phil

Back of Roundhouse - Close up
  • Looks great Kevin!
  • thanks everyone. i appreciate the kind comments
  • Kevin, I know this post is over a year ago. Just wanted to give you two thumbs up for the Chipped paint effect. Very good work!
    I going to give this a whirl on my E.J. Whiley build :smiley:
  • Kevin, I am new to the
  • woops, I hit the wrong button. I am new to the forum and just saw the MS and tape method to get pealing paint. I grew up on a farm with an out house and the paint was spot on. Your over all build is great. Randy
  • Wow Kevin, nice little project here. Well done!
  • edited January 2022
    thanks pappy, randy and ken.
    ken, did you catch my homage?
    paled in comparison to yours. i've been working on another project (recently finished), and i tried it again. this time it turned out alot better.
    pic to follow in another post.