visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

2017 Narrow Gauge Convention

Who is going to the Narrow Gauge Convention in Denver at the end of the month besides myself?

Comments

• I had planned on going, but I am needed elsewhere.
    Alan is going for sure.
  • Yep, I'll be there...only a 14 hour drive...geesh.
  • Will you be traveling in high style or just style. High style, you can make it in half the time. Providing you have a good radar. Not the one from Mash. Though he was a good predictor.
    I used to drive from Tampa to West Jefferson, N.C. in 13 hours. Load the Sprinter and drive back an other 13 hours, and go right to work. This younger generation.
    ed
  • Yeah, no Radar Detector for me. And I plan to stop at about 3 different Cracker Barrels...
  • Buy a Cheerwine if they sell them.
  • Talking about driving, We have a 2 day drive from Tucson.
  • 2 days?...its only 13 hours. You can do it in one day...use the saved hotel money to buy more stuff at the show...and maybe get Ed something too..
  • Alan, Thank you for thinking of me. I got everything I need. What I do want, is for you guys to have a great time, and get to know each other better.
    ed
  • Very cool sentiments Ed. Be safe, be inspired, and have fun guys.

Mark
  • edited August 9
    I can only take so many hours of driving in a day, and my wife will not drive. She tells me she has a headache when its time to switch drivers. I am retired anyway, so have lots of time.
  • The old headache trick. That it slow, the tortoise always wins.
    ed
  • I will be there for the full 4 days. I'll have a table in the vendors room. I will be painting O scale figures this year. I used to paint landscapes at the shows but I am more interested in figures this year. I will be using Vallejo and Americana acrylics. Darryl Huffman
  • Don't miss this. Darryl is not only a great modeler, but a great person. Darryl, I am so happy to hear that your health will allow you to attend. I will be at Best Friends in Utah for who knows how long. Video forthcoming.
    ed
  • Ed, Denver is on the way to Utah. Stop on your way.
  • It's tempting. I will be at Best Friends before the show starts. I hope to bring back a Dogo Argentino for a dear friend. She lost her dog a month ago. I also will be helping out at the sanctuary. She is now in Ireland with friends.
    ed
  • I finally broke down and bought one of those electric scooters like you see in grocery stores. I went to O Scale West earlier this summer and did fine. I'm glad to be able to attend this year and I am making plans for the convention in Sacramento in two years. See you all there.
  • Darryl,

I am also going to be there for 4 days. I will look for you in the vendors room.
  • my wife Grayce and I are looking forward to the show
  • Alan, Carl and Darryl, we will have meet at the convention