visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

A General Question - Need Your Input!

2»

Comments

• I primarily use my iPad but also laptops one with Windows 10 and the other with Windows 7. Just a warning to those who are thinking of upgrading a Windows 7 computer to Windows 10. I did that and my laptop started to freeze and do strange things. I reverted to Windows 7 and after a few weeks my hard drive was toast. Files were missing and my backup partition was completely inaccessible. After shelling out for a new Windows 10 laptop, I was able to locate a new hard drive and Windows 7 Pro OS then found all the drivers on the web, I rebuilt my Windows 7 laptop. During this ordeal, I found that this was an issue with several people, so just be careful when doing the upgrade. On another note, if any of you have the Model Railroader 75 year DVD set, the MR Special Issues set or the Narrow Gauge Gazette DVD set, they all work successfully on Windows 10, even though MR told me theirs wouldn't.
  • iMac-using Safari and Firefox; iPhone.
  • Additional information Brett
    Using my Samsung Tablet and Android system most aspects of your web site work well but with an important for me exception. The Categories box does not appear and I cannot select "All Decisions" to see the latest and current. Between each group of discussions, no header showing the category, there is a button "More Discussions" which when clicked the tablet then shows a list of discussion, maybe a page and a half, and them freezes scrolling down through the discussions.
    When you select a discussion it starts at the beginning, not signed in, and then becomes a continuous page as you click more comments. When signed in it does start at the last comment I viewed but again no pages just a continuous page as one clicks "older comments".
    Hope this helps rather than confuses.
    Michael using Window 7 at the moment. Its my intention never to buy any hardware produced by Apple but it can be difficult to avoid their some of their software even in Windows.
  • Brett really enjoying your website on my IPad
  • I use a I Mac and not very good at it as far as pictures go.
  • iPad, iPhone, and PC in order of use. This is a great site Brett. Not only full of wonderful photos, but great, supportive, information and videos, but easy to navigate as well.