visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

A General Question - Need Your Input!

I am in the process of remaking my website from the ground up to include responsive versions for desktop/laptop computers, tablets, and smartphones. I was wondering briefly which devices do you visit my website specifically with and which device is your main one for viewing my website. I truly appreciate your assistance!

Comments

• Brett, my main device is a laptop computer (Lenovo). My secondary device is an iPhone. Phil
  • Brett, I also use a laptop computer when I am home, which is most of the time. Otherwise, I will use my mini I-Pad when I am on the road.
  • Brett,
    I use primarily my tablet (iPad) when I'm traveling and my laptop (Mac) when at home or if I am posting on the forum. I will occasionally use my smartphone (iPhone). I realize that probably doesn't narrow it down for you, but I do interchange the use of the various devices. I'm looking forward to see what you have in mind for the new website. The existing website has worked well for me and especially like the number of pictures included on the products page and the sheer variety of the various departments including the Videos and the Forum. Neither are typical for a manufacturers website but definitely lend to the "community" feel.
    SteveF
  • Brett, I use a laptop most of the time and a smart phone sometimes.
  • Hi Brett
    I use a desk PC running Windows 7 but will upgrade to Windows 10. When traveling overseas I use a Samsung Android tablet. Being fortunate, read deaf, I do not have a mobile phone.
  • Brett,

My main device is a laptop. I also have the site on my android phone and I look in when I am killing time somewhere.
  • Macbook primarily. IPad occasionally.
  • Brett,
    I've only been a member since April 2016, and my experience accessing SWSM is...
    usually: PC running Windows 10;
    occasionally: iPad;
    rarely: Samsung G5 w/Android 6.
    All are without a hitch. Terrific site!
  • Brett,

I typically access your website with my laptop (Macbook Pro retina display). It's plugged into a 27" hi-res display when it is docked at home, otherwise stand-alone. Very occasionally I'll use my iPhone for access when I'm traveling light (no laptop).
  • iMac (main) and iPad (secondary)...Ken
  • I use a desktop running Windows 10; I rely on it for most everything since it gives me the opportunity to run a 23" monitor in a high resolution. I can use smaller devices but nothing compares with seeing the quality of the builds presented here in a high-def image. I often use magnifier software (NoSquint with Firefox) to zoom in even closer and that helps even more.
  • I use mostly my laptop but also my samsung galaxy phone and my i pad.

Never had a hitch on all 3 devices.
  • Desktop using Windows 10.

Jerry
  • All three actually. Tablet, laptop, and smartphone in that order
  • Ok Ken!! I don't want you to look at my work that closely!! Phil
  • Ahh...but I already have!...like what I see...Ken
  • Desktop: PC Win7pro
    Laptop: MacBook Pro - (non-retina)
    iPad Pro
  • 90% - PC Win 7 (will eventually cave to Win 10) - 27" HD monitor
    10% - iPad Air 2
  • iPad primarily followed by desktop PC and an iMac.
  • Thank you all so much for your information, I really appreciate it! Please keep it coming.

I am so excited about my new website. When I'm done (not sure when, no rush!) I am moving to a dedicated server and it is sooooo fast. The shopping cart is amazing and incredibly secure. Wait till you see the new forum. Everything transfers over, every comment and picture - but its sleeker, faster, and picture posting is so simple. I'll keep you all updated and eventually post a link to my test server.
  • Observations I've mentioned before and have no idea if they are Windows problems, a Firefox thing or something your hosting software does:

Sometimes when a thread shows it has new entries and I click to see them, where I wind up may depend on whether the new entries caused the thread to go to an additional page. Once in a while instead of going to the first new post I will be positioned to the top of the new page and have to back up to the previous page and scroll down to see what got jumped over.

Also some times when the page comes up the embedded photos will be enormous, not fitting on the screen; if I reload the page they shrink down to the size they should be.
  • Brett when you do the new one can the page number be at the top so you don't have to go to the bottom to get to the page you want??

Jerry
  • Hi Brett,
    I use a mac OS X or rarely a PC with Windows XP
  • Mac, Ipad, Iphone. I know I'm and Apple homer.
  • Hi Brett,
    iPad first....iPhone sometimes....
  • MacBookPro 90% and iPhone 10%
  • Windows 10 laptop, tablet and iphone
  • Use desktop running Windows 10 with 23"high resolution monitor, occasionally laptop & iphone
  • edited June 2016
    Brett, I use a desktop PC 100% of the time. I should add I'm using Windows 10.
  • Samsung tablet. Your main website works perfectly, with the forum I have to make sure I get the desktop version, which then also works perfectly.