visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

My First SWSM kit - RRC Truck Repair. #312

Comments

• It's going to look great there.
  • Thanks a lot, Emery and Bryan.
  • Well guys,
    Yesterday, I finally had the guts to glue/epoxied my structure down to the base. I wanted a concrete floor on the right side of the building, so I took a mixture of cement and plaster and spatuled that roomfloor before glueing.
    After the epoxy set, I sprinkeled sifted dirt as the first base layer around the building, as advised in the instructions, wetted the dirt with alcohol/water, and sealed everything with a water/glue mix.

20230620_182901
    20230620_182907
  • Looking good...
  • Job well done, looks great.
  • Fantastic! You took the leap and it worked out well.
  • Always a time that gets the heart pumping, you did great and now we're all looking forward.
  • Looks nice !!!
  • Thank you all for your encouraging words!
  • Turning out really great
  • The water/glue mixture had time to dry now for the last night and today. Although I spotted some areas where I droped too much of the glue liquid and little craters arised, I am very pleased with the result. I sifted my dirt with a usual tea sieve and I am not sure if the dirt is too coarse?!
    Here is a picture in the evening sun.

20230621_174723
  • This is looking really good. Something to be proud of for sure.
  • Walls and floor look really great JenS, nice colour and aging.
    You can use some sandpaper on a finger to smooth out the pathways and work area a little to differentiate them, I do that sometimes. Texture is nice under the junk and natural areas though.
  • Jens the build so far is great. I ;love the wood weathering and tones you've achieved. Now comes the most fun, placing all the details and making it come alive.
  • Thank you Emery, Karl and Joel.
    Karl, I will try to smooth the ground with the sandpaper. I am sure that will work cause this hint was yours...
    Joel, you did a great reference work, so I really appreciate your comments.

Right now I glue down the furniture on the inside, and prepare the lamp shields with micro LEDs. For the lamp rods i used 0,9mm cannulas. The light bulbs are made of two or three drops of epoxy. I made several "bulbs" because I got them rarely in the same size
  • 20230627_203241
    20230627_211647
    The "bulbs" were glued onto the led and a thin coat of matte medium was applied to dull down the shiny epoxy.
  • Awesome! I especially love the fact that you're not complaining about something! Well done!
  • Looking great JenS, cant wait to see them in place and lit up.
    Nice work.
  • Nice progress
  • All furnishing is fixed now into the right side of the building. Maybe the floor around the bench needs some more dark chalk.

20230628_222150
  • The metal color of the workbench is spot on.
  • Workbench looks fantastic! I would definitely add some random smudges around.
  • Thanks Bryan and Brett.
    I added some raw umber, dark gray and black chalk along the workbench and the corners.

20230629_205643
    Looks much better now.
  • Fantastic job.
  • edited June 2023
    Wonderful work JenS the details look fantastic and that workbench is a thing of beauty.
    The adjustments to the floor are subtle, well thought out and enhance the scene.
    Well done.
  • Great work! The added weathering brings it to life.
  • Nice work Jens !!!
  • edited July 2023
    Thank you all for your kind comments.
    I finally installed the first lamp in to the office room. The wiring is still sort of improvised, but here is a little teaser for Karl.

20230702_212858
  • edited July 2023
    Beautiful detail work Jens! Outstanding finish on that resin cabinet several posts back…that finish is something to aspire to!
  • The workbench for the left garage room is now ready to get placed on the floor.
    I think I am quite done with all the interior details of my Truck Repair, so I am really on the way to go outside and put up the barrels, drums, crates, buckets, axles, wheels, rims, sawhorses, chains, ladder, grids......

20230711_084750