visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

O’Neills Fabrication as interpreted by David C

2»

Comments

• Now that looks 100% better !! Nicely done.
  • The rack looks great. It will blend into a scene now instead of dominating it.
  • Now that rack is much better. Well done.
  • Well done, wonderful detail!
  • Ok fellow modellers, I’ve finally got a little further ahead and got some of the lights working and also built the tank and floor for the workshop.
  • David_C said:

Ok fellow modellers, I’ve finally got a little further ahead and got some of the lights working and also built the tank and floor for the workshop.

Ok, my pictures have gone the way of the Dodo

• Was the file size too big Dave ? We need to see them.
  • Yes, probably. I’ll have to find an app for my iPhone as my computer hard drive’s not operational.
  • Converted photos from HEIF to JPEG. Hopefully this might work.
  • Email to me I'll adjust and email them back.
  • or, you can email them to yourself and the phone will ask which size you want to email. Thats a real quick way to reduce the file size but keep the image size, and , no app required.
  • Ok, I’ve done what you suggested Karl and sent them to myself in the smallest JPEG. I don’t know why it’s not working as the previous pictures I sen went through no problem.
  • They need to be .jpg, not .jpeg. just rename them and remove the "e".

Please reference the sticky thread how to upload a photograph...
  • Hello people, I have just finished installing 14 LEDs into my O’Neills Fabrication. It has taken me the good part of a year to finish that part of my build. What with first off really getting to know the fine art of soldering the extremity fine wires to the LEDs and finally finding a good set of magnifying glasses. I had many problems with the soldering process as my hands shake so much that connecting the wires to both the LEDs and the board they connect to was very annoying, and I went through several LEDs, burning them out, but just this past week, I managed to find my groove and complete the lighting. I don’t know if I want to make this a large part of building, but who knows, I may just do it.

I know this is not railroading but I’m damn proud of my accomplishments with a part of the time missed was because of my second hobby, my HotRod Woody. I’ve had to completely rewire the car and replace some expensive engine electronic parts, just to make sure it runs well. It has paid off however, I took first place in the Hot Rod category and first place in peoples choice, both at the same show, and also second place in another show. I only wish I could use my sort of expertise handling of my models that I put into my car.

Anyway, now I can continue to finish O’Neills finally and keep you posted.
  • Glad you got the lights in. I find that they are not on often, but when they are they look great.
  • You will be glad you took the time with the lighting. It can be a pain, but really looks nice when completed. You should be proud. It is a lot of effort sir.
  • Brian M, Bryan B and Karl A thanks for posting your thoughts for David here for all of us to learn from.
    David thanks for posting your ideas on how to weather and age the tanks and storage rack. Very clear. Your revised rack looks spot on..
    Later, Dave S. Tucson, AZ
  • Thank you Dave. With the help of the people on this forum, I was able to finish the tank stand. After it was installed in the building and got everything all buttoned down, I realized that the chains were a bit too big. Oh well, I’m not a rivet counter and it looked okay to me.
  • Hi David, thanks for all your posts on your O'Neills. Really enjoyed your build of the tank rack, and also took note of your mentioning of the lighting. Could you post some pictures showing where you installed lighting and how you routed your wires?