visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

the "official" Show off your SWSM 3D Printed details thread!

Comments

• edited November 2022
    BenPopper said:

Is that fordson gonna be available in the next batch of available stuff? Second time we've seen it now...

Yes, it will be available soon in HO and O.

The Disconnects will also be available soon in HO/HOn3 and On3/On30.

Great job on those little gems Ken!
  • The disconnects are incredible
  • edited November 2022
    Great work on the fordson power powerplant Alex.
    Terrific work on those little beauties Ken.
  • These new 3D details as Brett says are game changers....they are taking it to the next level for sure......
  • Nice work on the tractor. Those disconnects are awesome!
  • edited November 2022
    HO version of the picture Carl posted on the previous page.
    My first experiment with .... Bubbled, peeling, faded red paint.

High Boy HO 01

I dont think my next ones will be quite as 'junky' as this one, they'll be more in use and scene appropriate.
  • Man...I need one of those for the water tank......looking good
  • Thanks Karl and that HO scale oiler looks the part and matches the photo spot on!
  • Man...I need one of those for the water tank......looking good

Going to be available next week as part of a whole new group of 3D Printed details. They will be on my 3D Details page, newest always at the top!

https://sierrawestscalemodels.com/3DP.html
  • Love that HO Scale OHB. Paint and finish are perfect.
  • Very nice disconnect Ken.

Same for the highboy Karl.
  • Karl, that highboy looks great. Looks exactly like the prototype.
  • I think AK has some Grime in a jar that would look good on that too....has a wet look to it....
  • Brett sent me an example of the wall mounted drill press in HO scale to let me have a go at it. This 3D print is a perfect example of the game changing detail that Brett et.al. have achieved. This is NOT a kit, this was printed in one piece...the detail is mind blowing in HO scale. Even the twist drill bit is just stunning. The new resin Brett is using is extremely durable. I fiddled with this piece for a good while and no damage at all. Next on my bench is an HO scale Hi-boy...

IMG_5066

Check out the drill bit...are you kidding me!

IMG_5063

Other side of course...sorry for the grungy fingers...straight from the bench!

• edited November 2022
    IMG_5066 (1)

Better close up of the unbelievable detail in this HO scale one piece 3D printed wall mounted drill press from SWSMs.
  • Here are some pictures of the HO Scale Hi-boy Brett sent me to to get initial impressions...same wonderful detail as the drill press! This example had the bulk filler cap open and the hose disconnected. Another example has the cap closed and hose connected!

IMG_5084

Once again...incredible detail, no breakage or damage whatsoever!

IMG_5091

IMG_5080
  • Very cool.
  • Utterly mind blowing.....not only the 3D parts......your skills....
  • Excellent work on both of those Ken, beautiful finishes.
  • Exceptional details...Exceptional paint and weathering......Congrats to both Brett and Ken.......Rick
  • Fantastic details and the finishing is superb!
  • I agree Bryan, great subject matter.

Thanks much Art.

Appreciate that Karl.

Thanks Rick, wonderful stuff to work with that's for sure!

Hi Joel, for sure, they are the finest! Thanks for the note.

• now that we;ve all got your fingerprints on file.....
    the high boy looks excellent, the drill does too.
    you're awful good at this stuff......
  • Very cool Ken! The parts are amazing, and your finishing makes them even more amazing. Can't wait to be able to get some.
  • here's a horizontal tank (ostensibly to store the gasoline for the gas pump on the pier of the bait shop i just built) that brett was kind enough to send me.  this will be sitting either on the ground or a low platform behind the bait shop. this is a resin casting, so what i did was prime it light gray. then i stipple sponged three different shades of gray over that. once that dried i scraped some umber powder and some orange rust powder in healthy portions on each side of the tank, one side at a time. then i doused the powder with alcohol, and when the alcohol spread across the entire side i pressed it in with a paper towel. once the rest of the alcohol evaporated i hit it with a matte varnish spray.
    this is also the first wooden barrel i've done that i've been willing to show. i've just never been able to do the bands without making a big mess of it.

horizontal tank1
    horizontal tank 2
    horizontal tank 3
  • You on top of your game, Kev….nicely done
    Terry
  • This is truly amazing. Both the detail and your weathering. As is stated before, a true game changer !!
  • thanks terry and robert.
  • Damn I love that tank....I had one of those laying around that I can't seem to find right now.....I need a few tanks for my module for gas, diesel, and bunker. There in the shop somewhere. I really like the rust effects, you can see the texture.....I can't get the barrels right either.....lol
  • edited November 2022
    Well done Kevin. Love tanks like that, grungier the better!