visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Hickory NC

Comments

• edited August 2021
    No problem Muddy, subject was brought up and I shared my view and feelings. We are all different and respect all.
    I think its time to talk modeling and not the political drug stuff and move on...
    Be happy life is short...cheers guys!!
  • Muddy, look forward to your posts and hopefully photos of contest models.
  • Amen Ken. I couldn't agree more. Phil
  • Nice to hear from you Phil and appreciate the support.
  • Tom...I have been away from the shop most of the summer busy with too many other things....the stuff I have been working on has been posted a lot here...so I will eventually just post the finished product....which will include O'Neills, The Sawmill (O), an the Tractor Repair / Truck repair module that was supposed to be ready for Hickory.
  • Hope we have some award winners…!!?
  • Day one, hope you all have a great time! Let's see some pics when this show kicks off this evening...
  • Nobody brought a camera!!

Jerry
  • I have taken some photos, but haven’t posted yet.
  • edited September 2021
    I jealous!! Wish there were shows here in So Calif with all the modelers.
    Used to be train shows here before this pandemic :(
  • Jerry said:

Nobody brought a camera!!

Jerry

jerry, jerry, jerry. not a phone amongst ya?
  • Yes, Muddy Creek and I have our phones, but we have no way to resize the photos for posting.
  • It might be on You-tube soon?
  • I just got home...I will post some photos tomorrow...on my phone they are too big for here.....Only one SW kit in the contest (Mountain Goats)...not too many entries....my 2 are still sitting in the shop not done yet....Tacoma....
  • Mountain Goat....any good news?
  • Trying to upload some photo's....not seeming to want to post...
  • Dont feel bad I went from windows 7 to windows 10 and I cant post pictures ....I should of stayed with my old setup I had no problems at all.
  • I just arrived home. My diorama did place 2nd at the National Narrow Gauge Convention. Brett's kits is what makes that possible.
    Turns out my neighbor placed 2nd in favorite trains also. I didn't even know he had entered. Not bad for this neighborhood......Rick
  • Did that open repair shed win?
  • Well done Rick !!!!
  • The O scale open repair shed did win. It was a great model. Hopefully you got a couple good photos of it. I haven't downloaded mine yet. I will see how they came out.

I have a good friend who has too many awards who told me straight up if I wanted to win, I had to move to a larger scale. At this convention larger scales did win every category but one.
    However, that is the first time I have entered anything at a national level so I am very pleased with the results.

Robert, thanks. I had fun at the convention.....Rick
  • I saw photos of your build, Rick. Really great and many congrats on the win!!
  • Congratulations, Rick. That’s quite an honor.

George
  • Congrats! A well deserved award for sure. Larger scales tend to win at Narrow Gauge Conventions but there are plenty of HO Scale modelers on this forum who have won in HO Scale, including many a SierraWest diorama over the years.
  • Thanks guys. I am honored to have won my first time out at a national convention.
    Brett, the fact that so many have won with your kits speaks volumes about you and your kits. You should take a bow too. Thanks for your contributions to the hobby.....Rick
  • Jaime Zepeda took several photos for me. He often does the contest photos for the Gazette. Super high quality work. (won two awards for photos himself) Thought you would like to see how I displayed it. The diorama is on a lazy susan with the batteries in the box off the back side. Originally I had a 4" tall box underneath but the rules did not allow any type of pedestal so this was my solution. I got several compliments for the ability to rotate the model for viewing.....Rick

IMG_4131
  • Well done Rick and well deserved! Not only a great model but a great presentation as well. Such a nice way to top off the show...
  • It’s such a stunning kit. I couldn’t be more grateful to Brett for producing it (and all the others).

Well done, again, Sir. You’ve done it fine justice!
  • Here is the O scale open air repair shop that took 1st place.

IMG_1708
    IMG_1749
    IMG_1750
    IMG_1751
    IMG_1752

Obviously well done.
  • Don Railton took 1st place in structures with this.

IMG_1730