visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

HO Railroad Camp

2»

Comments

• Here are some pictures of the area behind the sawmill and one of the log unloader at the front of the sawmill.

Railroad camp II SP1

Railroda camp II SP2

Railroad camp II SP4

Railroad camp II SP5

Railroad camp II SP6

Railroad camp II SP7

Railroad camp II SP8

Railroad camp SP9
  • More pictures of the area behind the sawmill.

Railroad camp II SP10

Railroad camp II SP11

Railroad camp II SP12

Railroad camp SP13

Railroad camp II SP14

Railroad camp II SP15

Railroad camp II SP18
  • As my 5 year old grandson says “10 thumbs up”. As much as I enjoy seeing pix of finished models I very much like seeing them in a layout setting amongst other buildings
    Terry
  • That is truly impressive. Have to agree with Terry, it is great seeing them all on a layout.
  • Extremely nice...
  • Great looking layout Mitch. You have done a great job with the SierraWest structures!
  • Beautiful modeling. I really like the dry dusty scenery.
  • What a great layout.

The first pic of the railroad camp with the boiler shed in the background seems to be missing something. In a later pic we can see the backside of this structure with a track curving around with other structures in the background. This view looks awesome. But the front view is missing a little something. Maybe a fence outlining the perimeter would be a visual marker and help this scene.
  • Just beautiful modeling Mitch.
    So wonderful to see all these great kits put together in such an outstanding display.
    Each structure/kit is finished to highest standards, and then to see them all 'planted' together on a layout is joyful.

• Mitch, Layout is Looking Great nice to see all the kits on a layout.
  • The depth of view in these pix is really slick!
  • Terrific stuff Mitch! Looks so good.
  • Thank for all the compliments. I appreciate it. Keeps me motivated.

Karl you built the best railroad model I have ever seen. The O scale engine house is a great accomplishment.

The backdrop is what makes the pictures come to life for me. I am glad it blends in so well with the existing layout. I have added a couple of more pictures and a view of the moveable backdrop I used to take the previous pictures.

Pond SP file

Log pond SP file

Backdrop SP file
  • This is an amazing layout Mitch. All your work on the scenery and structures is great. And your photography is mind boggling. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
  • Thanks Steve.

I purchased a Canon G7X mark II camera to replace an old Canon G3.

It's not cheap but not out of line for what you get. I set it on aperture priority at F11 and it automatically adjusts the ASA and shutter speed. I credit the camera for the results you see. There was no file manipulation except to make the files smaller to post.
  • Love the shot from up on the hill and the log ramp coming up out of the water.
  • jaysus....
  • Excellent pics! Everything ties together so well. Thanks for sharing.
  • edited March 2022

MitchN said:

Karl you built the best railroad model I have ever seen. The O scale engine house is a great accomplishment.

Thank you so much Mitch, that is a great honor to read and a pleasure to know.

My accomplishment crammed a lot of great modeling into a (relatively) small space.
    Your accomplishment has spread a lot of great modeling over a vast area.

I look forward to seeing even more progress and great modeling (on both) in the future.
    Beautiful, and inspiring work on everything.

• Such a joy to see everything come together like this. What beautiful modeling. Really makes me want a layout!
  • admin said:

Such a joy to see everything come together like this. What beautiful modeling. Really makes me want a layout!

go for it, you've got time.... :)
  • kebmo said:

go for it, you've got time.... :)

Ha Ha Ha