visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

HO Railroad Camp

The Railroad Camp buildings have been installed behind the sawmill. Before you see those pictures I thought you should see the ultimate in work spaces.

IMG_0003

I know your envious but someone has to be the best. LOL

I will build and install the other logging camp kits along side this one. Taking pictures of buildings installed on the layout are challenging but you do the best you can.

IMG_0005

IMG_0007

IMG_0009

IMG_0011

IMG_0013

IMG_0016

IMG_0017

IMG_0021

IMG_0024

IMG_0026

All of the wood was stained using theink stain method I mentioned in my Loco and service shop posting. I think it is easy and looks good when you don't want to make each board a model. You can always add more weathering. Except where you see painted boards in the models no other weathering was added except some additional staining with the same ink mixture.

IMG_0001

As we always say thanks for looking and get them out of the boxes and build them!

Comments

• Yu nailed the peeling paint on the boiler shop. Everything looks good together. Love to see more of the layout......Rick
  • It is s great workspace....I bet you know where everything is located and as others have said you don’t need to clean up and put everything away at the end of s work session....
    Great outcome on the “camp” ... I put mine aside when I received a couple of other brand kits as gifts and began work on them....I’ll return to my rr camp soon
    Terry
  • Now that's a workbench!!!! I'm envious! I love your layout with a who's who in Sierra West kits. Thanks for sharing. Phil
  • RR camp turned out great.
  • Thanks for taking the time to write Rick, Terry, Phil and Bryan. I appreciate it.

Not that anyone has asked for it but this is a drone shot of this section of the layout which will be mostly Sierra West buildings. There will be another peninsulia parallel to this one packed with FSM kits eventually. That section will be posted on another forum someday.

IMG_0003

You can just make out the recently completed Railroad camp buildings behind the sawmill.
  • Mitch,
    Thanks for the picture. I love looking at any and all railroad pictures posted here.
    That is so cool. Sometimes ideas just pop from other guys layouts. Very nice setup you have there sir!!
  • Really nicely integrated into the layout. You do such nice work you should try and post a video of the trains running through all those wonderful SWSM structures.
  • great looking layout Mitch. I like your track plan.
  • Mitch,
    As Ken has alluded to, a video of you layout under construction from the perspective of a drone would be something unique I'm thinking. Think you can put something like that together for us to enjoy? Normally I would ask for more track level photos, but this type of video might be a first for the forum.
    Later, Dave S. Tucson, AZ
  • Very nice. I believe you have room for something interesting in that near corner. A donkey, moonshine still, shack, etc. Something small but interesting.
  • Very nice scene. The other structures compliment the outstanding sawmill.....Rick
  • For anyone interested, I have several one minute videos posted on my Instagram page, niemimitchell.
    I also have a few copies, which aren't as high definition as the instagram page, on a Facebook page, mitchell niemiec.

Thanks for checking them out.
  • Awesome stuff Mitch, the SWSM kits all placed out in a full layout is always such a great sight to see, especially when so well done.
    I love to see them all together, such as Mike Engler, Bryan Brown, SteveDrees (sorry steve) , Robert. G and I think Mark.G along with several others are putting these kits all together in layouts.

Your mill is an accomplishment on its own and the rest build on that. Great work so far, I know there is more to come.
  • I am learning how to post pictures with my new camera. Not sure if this file size works. If it does I will post more pictures of the area behind the sawmill. If it does not then you may see some odd postings.sawmill s size
  • Looks good, Mitch…..anxiously awaiting more pix….always learn much following your builds
    Terry
  • Mitch.
    You have been busy the background has a great look very realistic good job my friend.........Carl........
  • Outstanding modeling and photography!
  • That's some nice modeling. Looks like you have a real empire going there.

Keep us up to date!

Jerry
  • Looks great! Can't wait to see more pics!
  • Love sawmills......and this is a nice one...
  • Wow, beautiful Mitch!
  • Very nice! Love to see more photos.
  • Awesome picture and work Mitch!
  • A little preview of the area behind the sawmill.

Small file workshed
  • Just keeps getting better! Love your ground work Mitch...sorry to be enthralled with the dirt when there's so many other wonderful details! lol.
  • MitchN said:

For anyone interested, I have several one minute videos posted on my Instagram page, niemimitchell.
    I also have a few copies, which aren't as high definition as the instagram page, on a Facebook page, mitchell niemiec.

Thanks for checking them out.

i checked out your videos on facebook and i'm so jealous. your layout looks beautiful/

• I’ve also seen Mitch’s short videos on IG and there are worth stopping by to view them if you have an IG account….well done Mitch

Terry
  • Nice cluster of interesting structures
  • Thanks for the mention guys. The Instagram and Facebook videos are the same except the Instagram videos are much sharper. I should do a few more now that this section has scenery.

Pictures of the area behind the mill will be displayed shortly.