visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Shop Talk

2»

Comments

• edited September 2021
    Ken, love your man cave.
    Your cleaning girls did a great job!! No dust anywhere!
    My Man cave looks like a man cave..lol
    but I do as well get my cleaning girls to dust at times.
  • Thanks Pappy, planned a dedicated room for some time and finally worked things out and got it done. This is as clean as it has ever been or will be! Lol. Just getting it broken in...
  • Pretty impressive work space! I like the idea of having a dedicated diorama area.
  • Appreciate that Aaron (trust that's correct). The dedicated diorama bench is one of the best things I ever did when laying out my modeling room. I had been thinking and planning it for some time and makes a huge difference in my work flow.
  • when i retire (next year) i think i'm going to break down my workbench area and rearrange it. it's pretty tiny so unfortunately it won't be as cool as ken's, but i have to to do something. it's pretty horrible right now. i'll ;probably lose the carpet and put a rubber matting down. i may the ditch the desk too and go with a different set up altogether.
    at least i hope i can do that.
  • Kevin when you retire life will be a different world.
    No more Political bs in the corporate world..just have to answer to the boss (Wife) which is a good thing.
    Can sleep in!! and build Bretts models, go fishing..etc
    I retired at 69 but waited to collect SS when I turned 70...big difference in $. I get the Max you can get from SS and don't have to worry digging into savings...yet..lol
    Also make sure you get the max coverage for Medicare (Scan).

Pap
  • Kevin when you retire your going to wonder how you ever found time to go to work!!

You won't believe the honey do lists they can come up with!!

Jerry
  • jerry,
    she's already threatening me.....
    pappy,
    i'm all good with medicare. i just don't think i can go til i'm 70. 51 years in the work force seems to be enough for me.
  • Ken, I like your work bench. after seeing yours I added a strip of oak to the front of my workbench. You are correct about it keeping things on top of the desk. I use an OLD oak office chair with wheels to move side to side. That way I do not need to get up to move to my sander, an other table or work station. I just cleaned up and getting ready to paint castings.

IMG_0887 (1)
  • Nice Randy. I use that wood strip to wire brush all my stripwood. Or if I have to drill through a piece it's a good backing, I can butt things up to it, etc. I'm a firm believer that a well adapted work space improves your modeling, mentally if anything and that translates to better modeling and more fun! And if anything is out of reach Randy despite the lateral movement of the chair...just call someone! Lol.
  • The wife is up stairs and does not come down to the man cave. Great work shop ken.