visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Various Dioramas.

Comments

• We’re going to have to make up some new words to describe this level of craftsmanship!
  • these pictures of your work are brilliant
  • Thanks friends.
    Ed, the diorama is approximately 24 X 16 inches.
    I pass a full size photo.
    In the link there are many more photos.

DSC_1250-Editar
  • Super work.
  • Amazing craftsmanship. Phil
  • Outstanding!
  • Everyone on here is very talented
  • i just ordered a copy of "macrame for dummies" and some supplies......
    see you guys.
  • i'm not serious. it's just that jose has set the bar so high that i know i'll never attain that level of modeling. it's almost superhuman......
  • edited November 2020
    Thank you very much to all.

Kevin, the bar it's not so high, I also learn from all of you, there are jobs that leave me impressed.

Greetings and return the macrame.
    JM
  • Just fantastic. I have to go back and study all the photos but you've achieved a remarkable level of realism and artistry. Amazing stuff!
  • Hello guys.

This is a diorama that I made for a friend who commissioned it to show off his material.
    It is a track of the Märklin brand for alternating current material, 3 lanes, you will see it in the metal pukos that are in the center of the sleepers.
    The material of the photos is mine, they are there as props only for the photos.
    In this link you will see the entire assembly process and I hope that the latrines do not disgust you.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/TMJFLYehzbQU1Ltf2

DSC_6146-EditarB
    DSC_6157-EditarB
    DSC_6168-EditarB
    DSC_6134B
    DSC_6175-EditarB
    DSC_6176-EditarB
    DSC_6179-EditarB
    DSC_6183-EditarB
    DSC_6119B

Greetings.
    JM
  • Very nice Jose !!!
  • That's the first time I have seen the interior of a latrine modeled. Excellent modeling all the way through. Many of us would love to achieve this level.......Rick
  • Jose, thank you again for sharing. Keep them coming because we all like what we are seeing. Phil
  • Thanks for sharing. Looks like someone left the water running.
  • Beautiful work, a real joy to view!
  • Jose, your weathering of your equipment and buildings is very realistic!
  • Jose,

The various dioramas you have posted for our viewing enjoyment recently are exquisite and so realistically rendered that one has to keep looking for minute hints that they are dioramas of scale models.

Thanks for sharing these and all the photos you post. I believe that I am just one of many that keep coming back to review these dioramas.

Gracias!!!

Later, Dave S. Tucson, AZ
  • Friends, thank you very much for the comments, I am glad you like it.

These photos are of one of the 3 gates of the Francia station in Barcelona. It is only a fragment, not a diorama.
    In this link the assembly process.
    https://goo.gl/photos/GAp2FyGhLwgPryya6

DSC_3018B
    DSC_3038B

Greetings.
    JM
  • Well said Ed. I’m almost done with my first build and most of it is good but guys like Jose, and Robert and others here are just on another level that I may never reach, but that’s ok.
    The joy in the building is it’s own reward.
    Although that macrame is looking interesting too.
  • Jose, your weathering in all your models is just incredible. The gate scene is no exception. That along with your superb modeling is to be envied....Rick
  • edited November 2020
    Is this photo etched work José. Almost like lace !!! great entry...

Tom, the level is of no importance, the fun of the build is !!!
  • engine909 said:

I have a set of needles arriving tomorrow.

just got mine. is it still hip to make hanging plant holders? i could start a macrame plant holder business.....
  • Fantastic Modeling.
  • Hi everybody and thanks for the comments.

Now I am immersed in a project that would be very interesting if it came out: all the railway buildings at the Miranda de Ebro station, a great Spanish railway junction for half a century of the last century.
    It is something that is currently being discussed with the city council of that city to see if it finances the project, but for that it has to see if the quality of the model deserves that financing.
    So far I've done the toilets. It is the smallest building of the 38 that the project has.

I have abandoned Balboa. Let's see if I do something even a little or Phil can catch me.

SDC_0148B
    SDC_0149B
    SDC_0152B
    SDC_0153B
  • Jose...do I understand correctly that the city has hired you to model the complex?....great model you’ve shared with us regardless
    Terry
  • you do amazing work.
  • Continued great, great work. Phil