visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Various Dioramas.

I open this thread to show other designs that I have made in the last 8 years.

I do not consider them dioramas, they are modules. When I devised them I thought of connecting them to other modules to see trains run. I still don't rule it out.
They are real scenarios, that exist or existed. They are not very complicated, they are simple and I have a great time taking photos of the rolling stock from different angles.
I have documented the assembly process of all of them, I leave the link for you to take a look, and if you have any questions about something, let me know.

I start with the last one I have finished. It is the abandoned station of Pozazal, it is in the north of Spain in the community of Cantabria.
I put 5 generic images, the rest of photos (more than 250) in more detail and the assembly in this link:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/sZc3Jfaeh71Eqwui7

DSC_7388-EditarB

DSC_7362-EditarB

DSC_7411-EditarB

DSC_6945-EditarB

DSC_6942-EditarB

Greetings.
Jose Manuel

Comments

• That is some incredible modeling. I went to the link and saw you do your own laser cutting. The weathering on the tractors is absolutely spot on as well. Is the module HO scale as well? You European modelers can teach us Americans some lessons......Rick
  • That is some incredible modeling. I went to the link and saw you do your own laser cutting. The weathering on the tractors is absolutely spot on as well. Is the module HO scale as well? You European modelers can teach us Americans some lessons......Rick

no kidding.... that's an incredible module

• I am satisfied that you like it.

Yes, the module is H0.
    The laser cutter I have a short time ago.

You European modelers can teach us Americans some lessons......Rick

Rick, if you have doubts me questions.
    JM

• Outstanding work. Thanks for sharing. Phil
  • Oh come on now, these are pictures of the real thing! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Outstanding! Very realistic looking! Thanks for sharing our incredible work.
  • Wow! Love it
  • One word , WOW !
  • What's so special about a bunch of prototypical pictures...lets see the models! Lol. Brilliant work.
  • Fantastic work Jose !!!!!
  • Just amazing Jose. Love to see more.
  • Thank you all for your comments. I didn't think you were going to like it that much.
    Yes Ed, there are several shots of the sign lying on the ground. I don't know which one I like the most.
  • I have started with the last one and I am going backwards, towards the beginning.
    As I go back in time in the dioramas, it can be seen that the details are not so well finished, because with the passage of time more and new techniques are acquired that lead to a better final result.

This station called Vadollano no longer exists, it was in Jaen, Andalusia, southern Spain.
    In this link the rest of the photos with the assembly process:
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/5GE03bbyAZWLSFGD3

There are more than 300 photos.

DSC_5417-EditarB

DSC_5307-EditarB

DSC_5444-EditarB

DSC_5379-EditarB

DSC_5331-EditarB

DSC_5337-EditarB

DSC_5330-EditarB

DSC_5500-EditarB

Greetings.
    JM
  • Thanks for sharing these. Top notch work
  • Beautiful weathering aswel !!
  • incredible
  • Awestruck!
    Later, Dave S. Tucson, AZ
  • This is really amazing stuff. All the colors and ground cover really make it look real. Great job!
  • Jose, you are the master builder. Thanks for sharing. It's always good to see such great work. Phil
  • Inspirational! Your scenery is very realistic, and he weathering is very subtle and highly believable! Thanks for sharing.
  • Very inspiring. Thanks for sharing.
  • Excellent work all the way around. Love the little rusted out VW bug hiding in the weeds.
  • Friends, thank you very much for your comments.

Greetings.
    JM
  • Was so sure this was 1:1 initially......outstanding work....
  • Of your wonderful diorama, I would like to mention how great the weathering is on your locomotives and the cars. It is so realistic looking! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited November 2020
    Absolutely thought I was looking at prototype photos until I got to the 4th one.
    Incredible work!
  • edited November 2020
    Jose,

I can't add anything that hasn't been said in previous comments that have been posted. However, I just can't help going back to the very first photo of this thread
    http://www.craftsmankituniversity.com/vanforum/uploads/imageupload/104/9LRCWDV4QF62.jpg
    and studying it. Starting with the exquisite head end power, moving on to the incredibly detailed catenary and ending with the structures, these three elements come together to give us a view of modeling at its best. It makes me want to get a pass for Eurorail for a summer vacation.
    Sure would like to be able to find your modeling featured in the ON30 Annual as Robert's SWSM Repair Shed Diorama was in 2020 issue (pp. 64-69) and his SWSM Sawmill build will be in the upcoming 2021 edition offered by White River Productions.

Later, Dave S. Tucson, AZ
  • Friends, thank you for your comments.
    sdrees said:

Of your wonderful diorama, I would like to mention how great the weathering is on your locomotives and the cars. It is so realistic looking! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you, I also have photos of weathered rolling stock, if you want to see something in detail, tell me.

A preview of what I will put tomorrow.
    P1020410-EditarB

Greetings.
    JM