visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

My Truck repair shop

2»

Comments

• No , Berkshire Valley models kit .
  • I haven't built one of those kits yet, but I sure might give them a try now. You did a great job on it.

Mike S.
  • Now that's cool!...nicely done. That will look so good in your already stellar looking diorama.
  • Thank you Ken
  • what is the braided thing that looks like it's across a board and then goes down a cardboard tube??
  • yeah, but by the time i realized it it was too late to delete my question...
    that's some large wire....
  • Yep , that's the wire for the lights . Unfortunately these were made for me by my son in law and that was all he had for wire . He has recently got smaller wire and is in the process of making new lights for me . Out of curiosity what gauge of wire works good ?
  • If they are LED, 38ga magnet wire works perfectly. It is extremely small (0.0045 diameter). You can get a 100ft wire of red/green combo for $5.00
  • Thanks I will look into that
  • dick,
    you should check out evan designs for leds.
  • I will ,thanks for that .
  • dick52 said:

I will ,thanks for that .

you'll be glad you did.

• I got some product from Evan designs as you suggested , great stuff exactly what I wanted , thanks for the heads up !
  • The Evans Design stuff really works well...and they offer it basically wired to work.....super simple.....
  • yeah, if an electronic pinhead like me can make 'em work, anybody can.
  • The nice options are the voltages used....from 3v op to 12 dependent on the LED selected. If you run in series it makes wiring a snap.....well almost