visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Robert's Rigging Shed

Comments

• Fine as usual. Really like how the last photo shows the working life of the sawhorse. What material/diameter is that rope by the way?
  • Sewing yarn, like the rope handles of the crates
  • i gotta get some.
  • Just stunning. As always a treat to study and worth emulating.
  • robert,
    i can't find sewing yarn anywhere. does it have another name?
  • Continues to amaze me. Phil
  • kebmo said:

robert,

try sewing thread
  • The rest of the walls. I tend to leave doors open so when a build is finished, one can piek inside.

There are always so many nice castings in the kits that I don't won't to hide them or see them only when a roof is taken off. And on a layout or diorama , that doesn't happen a lot....

Also, one must not forget that all you see in the photos is in reality MUCH MUCH smaller.

DSCN4216

DSCN4217

DSCN4220

DSCN4221

DSCN4233

soon more.. :wink:
  • Love it. Hope the LPs have their tetanus shots...that door handle looks dangerous.
  • edited April 2020
    Robert.G said:

kebmo said:

robert,

try sewing thread
    i've got plenty of that! thanks for clarifying.

• Wow....just wow....
  • You are the weathering master!! Phil
  • Hear hear. And wouldn’t just love and greatly appreciate an on line clinic?
  • OK guys, here it is. Robert's Rigging Shed.

What did I do ?... Well, I put a concrete base under the building because I wanted to make a small ramp for the reels. And it gave it some more height. I needed that because I made the corrugated area bigger so the panels had to start somewhat higher.

There is lightning inside. (pics later) No track yet because I want to put the two sheds, Rigging and Tool, together on a futur layout and it seemed easier to install track later in one go instead of connecting all the short parts of track.

The ropes, well I thought it was a nice idea.
    Hope you liked this build and now enjoy the photos. It was a fun kit with nice castings (as always ) . To bad it's done.. snif snif... :blush:

I don't know about you guys, but I tend to keep the empty kit boxes with whatever is leftover. Not a space saving habit... :blush:

Now I can move on with the Sawmill...

Thanks for watching and the comments you made.

DSCN4243

DSCN4244

DSCN4245

DSCN4246

DSCN4248

DSCN4249

DSCN4250

DSCN4251

DSCN4253

DSCN4254

DSCN4255

DSCN4256

DSCN4257

DSCN4258

DSCN4259

DSCN4260

DSCN4261

DSCN4263

DSCN4264

DSCN4265 2

:wink:

• Ok...enough of the real photos'......where are the ones of the model...…..Wow.....Just Wow.....
  • WOW Robert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Incredible Robert! You’ve just reset your own bar which was amazing to begin with. Can’t wait for your next one!
  • Superb! What incredible modeling and photography.
  • Exactly - both are superb! Better than museum quality.
  • You are a true master at making it all come together so incredibly believable. If you hadn't said it was a model, I would surely thought prototype. Details, scenery, just everything fantastic.

Rick
  • Outstanding modeling Robert.
    I always love the natural look, colour and texture throughout all of your work, can spot it anywhere.
    Your realism level is always among the highest, and the extra little touches you add to make it your own are always dead right.
    Beautiful stuff.
  • Outstanding! The scenery and details blend right in so naturally. The rope is a great addition. Especially love the "moss" growing on the reels. Not over done just right! Thanks for sharing.
  • I'm not joking when I say I thought it was a picture of a real shed. Your modeling is superb and when you combine it with good photography and a carefully chosen background, you pull off the ultimate - is this real or is it a model? I don't know how it could be better. Great job. Phil
  • I love it. All around a fine model.
  • Thanks guys. That last comment was for the insiders.... :wink:
  • Thanks for sharing another spectacular build. Just a fantastic eye for colour and texture. Love it!
  • There is nothing in any of the photos that gives away that this is a model in O scale. Amazing, Robert.

Thanks for including the link to this build in the newer thread.

George
  • As usual great work Robert. The outhouse on the farm I grew up on was not in that bad a shape thank goodness.
  • interesting that you hang on to the boxes. i recently got rid of dueling shacks, woodcutters,and oneill's boxes (both). i just cant hang on to them anymore......
    space eaters.
  • Always a pleasure and an education to drool over these pictures and admire the skill and artistry. Beautiful and inspirational work.