visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Official O Scale Brass and Iron Foundry Build

Comments

• Love those walls Joel.
  • Good idea for the doorway. When separate walls become volumes then it gets interesting.
    Looking good Joel !!

Yes, me too for the clamps. And the sizes bigger as well. Works great for soldering.
  • Fancy clamps right there. Great color on the decking.
  • Looks great Joel.

Jerry
  • Thanks Karl, Robert Bryan and Jerry. Glued on the roof and built the old wooden dock. For this dock I tried to capture the old silver grey colouring. The boards are slightly more spaced than the repair shop deck I did this weekend. Trying to imply a certain age difference.IMG_0904
  • Joel, your doing great! Love the silver gray look.
    Keep up your great work!
    Pap
  • between this and ken's engine house i'm just in reverential awe......
    and frankly all the other builds.
    and it's clear i don't really belong here,
  • Great result with that silver grey Joel, also nice variation between the boards and tones, some even still have a hint of tan. Good stuff.
    (also, Construction is beautifully and accurately done.)
  • I'm going to try again here...Your walls are just stellar Joel, and love your work with the strip wood. You nailed the bleached out grey wood tone on the dock...feels dry and warm top the touch from baking in the sun! Lol. Well done on all accounts.

Hey Kev...open up a window...your getting loopy from that wonderful SWSM resin smell! lol...you and your modeling light this place up my friend...its all about that...
  • edited November 2021
    Everyone belongs here Kevin, from the guy who is opening their first SWSM kit box and graining those first two pieces of strip wood, to the masters like Joel, Ken and Robert whom we all drool over and admire.

Your great work inspires me and many others and your ideas help us all, we're all in this learning and improving experience together.

(sorry Joel, I got off topic, my bad)

The graining is defined yet subtle, really nicely done, cant wait to see your next progress on this.
  • Thank Pappy, Kevin, Ken and Karl. Kevin this where we all belong, trying to inspire each of us to become better modellers. Each of us brings something to the table and we are all richer for it. OK enough diversions. I added the rafters. I added an old piece of stripwood under the line to stop the wood from shifting as I cut the rafters. For those who have not started this step my template was perfect for the short rafter tails but the long ones were not long enough so had to measure them from the actual roof.IMG_0909
    Certainly getting the idea of the structure now.
  • For sure Joel, looks amazing.
  • Fantastic work Joel! Can't wait to see more progress!
  • This is very nice Joel !! I wonder how you gonna establish the transition between the concrete dock and the wooden platform...
  • Looking good.
  • Looking great...I have mine on the workbench....doing a little bit when I can....this is inspiration to try to do more as time allows...
  • Thanks guys, The wooden dock looks a bit stark right now but hopefully I will pull it all together with the details and scenic material. Robert I have no plan right now just hoping it gels over a bit of time. I put on the smoke jacks and toned down the roof with chalk.IMG_0937
  • looks really great.
  • edited November 2021
    Looking fantastic Joel, I love this stage of 'placing' the components together to get a sense of progress.
    I know you'll bring it all together flawlessly (as always) after this planning, visualizing and set-up phase. Great to see and watch your progression through each step.
  • Beautiful work Joel. Really can the wooden deck now! Wonderful coloring!

Jerry
  • Thanks Jerry, Kevin and Karl.
    Another productive weekend. Finished the repair shop. IMG_0938 (1)
  • Joel.
    That is a great looking repair shop a nice way to spend the weekend.
  • Looking Great Joel!! Can't wait to see more!
  • Hey Joel, fantastic wood work my friend! Love that front window and the sign peeking out there looks beautiful...more pics please! Lol.
  • Turned our really GREAT! Wood texture and coloring are very nice!
  • The color is great.
  • Great grain and stain. Roof straight and flat. Eye candy!
  • Beautiful work Joel, I love the colouring and the deep grain, so much character without being caricature, wonderfully done. Mailbox is very nicely done as are the doors.

I'm with Ken, I want more pics, of all four sides... and the roof !!
  • An example Joel, great work. And I'm with all the other curious viewers.... MORE pics.. :smiley: