visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

HO Truck Repair Shop

2»

Comments

• The base is pink insulation foam. Very light, but sturdy. One caution. I rattle canned the base color on the foam and warped a bit. Hit both sides if you use the same method or use latex paint even better.
  • Very nice!

Jerry
  • I'm assuming they are easy to power up? I was considering using the "just plug" stuff from woodland scenics. I've used them on some off topic kits that I started and was pretty happy with them.
  • Any DC power from 5-12V. Hook up two wires and that's it. Just be sure of polarity.

Rick
  • Good solution.
  • Looks great Rick. Excellent detail work and the lighting provides such a nice effect. Might want to re-set or pile a bit of rubbish up against the bottom of the broom, there appears to be a slight gap. I often file the bottom at an angle so when the broom is leaning against something the leading edge is making contact with the floor. Love that scene it's in...Ken
  • Thanks Ken. I appreciate you studying the photos. I never see all the little issues. I did file the bottom some but obviously not enough. Will correct it.

Rick
  • That's how I usually hide my wires...in plain sight. You can stack a piece of lumber there also if you like.

I got an email from a friend of mine Tom Sullivan. He sent me some pics of a build from a "pretty talented guy". Guess who that was.
  • Yes, I met Tom after moving to South Carolina. We are in an ops group together. He lives about 15 minutes from me too. He is a decent modeler himself and about to get started on a new layout after he moved into a new home.

Rick
  • Thank you. I would have never thought that chalk would have adhered to this magnet wire. I'll give it a try. Phil
  • Chalk/alcohol. Chalk by itself will not stick well.
  • Sorry. That's what I meant. Thanks for your help. Phil