visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Stump Creek Dueling Shacks

2»

Comments

• Patches are very good, adds interest to the roof. Well done !
  • I created dock for the shed tonight. The narrow portion will be finished with more planks and sit rail side across from the railroad camp office. I will build a ramp for the open part in the back that allows ground access to the dock. The office is just sitting in place for perspective so I can flip the dock to install the legs.

IMG_5065
  • Well done. Wood on the deck looks great and contrasts nicely with the shed.
  • Looks great Steve.
  • Looking good...
  • Love the contrast between the shed and deck. Waiting to see the rest of this build. Rick
  • Going to look great, can't wait to see where you are taking this.
  • Really like the work....I'm going to use one of these shacks on my diorama...…
  • Great idea on the patch tar material. Phil
  • I made some progress on the dock. I didn't realize I would need those 53 individual legs and all that cross bracing but I think it was worth the effort. Not complete yet, I need to finish the supports for the ramp. I'm going to put some dirt down and get the dock mounted to the foam. At that point, I have some minor touch ups and I'll glue the shed down. THEN, I can finally get to weathering all those outstanding Sierra West details.

IMG_5068

IMG_5070
  • I like that ramp
  • I do as well...really nifty look and great opportunities for some nice detail work. Again, nice warm and purposeful staining on the deck.
  • Steve,
    The shed is great and looks right at home on the deck. The ramp fits the overall scene very naturally. Looking forward to more installments.
    Later, Dave S. Tucson, AZ
  • The deck with ramp really changes the whole look of the structure and suggests a purpose. Nice touch!
  • I cut and split the ties so I would get a back woods look to the spur then I put down a dirt base so that the dock could be glued in place.

IMG_5081

IMG_5082

I primed the resin castings and blackened the metal castings. So I'm finally ready to start the details and get this scene finished. I'm saving the scenery details for last.

IMG_5078

IMG_5077
  • Nice random spacing and coloring of the ties. The completed ramp is great. Everything well done. Looking to see your detailing. Rick
  • Nothing better than a workbench full of details waiting to be detailed!
  • This is a fun part of the build
  • I agree with brownbr! Makes the whole thing come to life!
  • Looking really good....a great way to use the shed.....