visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Yet another O'neills Fabrication JimM

1235»

Comments

• Emery, Thank you so much. This was the first SW kit I've ever done, and I am really happy with the results. I've done other kits, but nothing this extensive. Everything about the kit is amazing. Thanks again.
  • Wow, lots of photos and so much to digest. So many great shots. Very nice modelling and scene composition. It'll take me a while to study all these.
  • Joel, thanks for the comment. I studied your awesome build as well. Lots of great modelers on this forum to learn from and get ideas.
  • That's what it's all about Jim. Helping each other be better modellers. Love this site!
  • edited February 2022
    I scratch built this flat car for the "delivery" scene. The objects on the car aren't glued on as I'm not sure how I want to place them to stage the scene. I was thinking of a tarp but thought that might overwhelm the scene too much. All the components of the car (except the wood) were 3D printed. Karl A helped out with a link for dimensions of the wheels but everything else I drew up was just a guess.

IMG_0760 (2)

IMG_0765 (2)

IMG_0767 (2)

IMG_0768 (2)
  • Hi Dave_S. I'm a bit behind everything at the moment, but your question about LEDs, try Ngineering.com. Tim has a plethora of different LEDs and lamp kits that range from N scale up to O scale and beyond and circuit boards that you can put 5 LEDs and others that take more and you can then put a power source for them. The photo I've added shows the board I'm using that I'm putting 16 LEDs on my version of O'Neills. He also has lots of different tubing and lamp shades Anyone else that might be interested, check out his web sight.SW1
  • Love the flat car. Perfect addition to the scene. Great modeling for a scratch built.....Rick
  • Really nice work. Might be my favorite of all. Cheers. Where in Wisconsin was it 20 below?
  • Rick, thank you so much, I appreciate that.

• Eric, thanks for the nice comment. I really appreciate it. We live smack dab in the middle of the State. Many years we will go a month at a time where the temperature doesn't get above zero. Twenty below is not unusual for here. The coldest I recall was about 30 below and that was without the wind chill factored in. It's now about 30 here (positive numbers) and that feels like shorts weather for a Wisconsinite. I hope you are dug out from the big nor'easter. That was quite a storm.
  • Jim, I went to high school in Neenah. The wind riding my bike to school really was rough. That wind started at the Rockies and just plowed into Neenah.
  • Once in northern Vermont it was 35 below for a week. That was crazy cold.
  • I bet the wind in Neenah was fierce. Winnebago is a big lake. It seems like it is always windy here too.
  • Flatcar turned out nice. You can always fold up a tarp on the flat.
  • Thanks brownbr, that's a great suggestion. For now, I've put the diorama on the layout and will wait to finish it until I build the neighboring structure. I have to tie all my SW kit's together.
  • Since I wanted to add the Ford model TT truck onto my O'Neills, I thought I'd take the diorama outside to get some better daylight photos. This truck is right at home in many places on this, and any other, diorama.

IMG_1808(1)

IMG_1809(1)

IMG_1810(1)

IMG_1811(1)

IMG_1816(1)

IMG_1814(1)

IMG_1819(1)

IMG_1821(1)

IMG_1822(1)

IMG_1823(1)

IMG_1825(1)
  • Oh my!...that looks amazing Jim...talk about immediately dating the scene. Choice piece of work my friend.
  • Thanks Ken. Great point about dating the scene.
  • That looks great. Call me inspired now. I may have to alter my plans and work on O'neils next.
  • Looks right at home...
  • SUPER diorama and even better with the truck !!
  • Makes a fantastic addition
  • Outstanding, what an awesome addition to an already superb diorama.
    KKarns said:

talk about immediately dating the scene.

This is such an important point. There are many cues we take from a diorama to immediately determine the era and vehicles are the most important. Think how out of place a cherry red 1970's era sports car would look!
  • NIIIIIIIIIIICE! Very realistic!
  • Nice diorama! The truck really adds to it.
  • Thanks guys, I appreciate the comments. The truck really does add to making the scene come alive. I look forward to seeing more on your dioramas.
  • What an amazing diorama Jim. The truck is really well done and adds much to the scenes.
    Great work.
  • Thanks so much Karl. Very appreciated.
  • Really nice Jim. What an amazing design and your execution is fantastic. So exciting to see all the details pop. Great work