visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Yet another O'neills Fabrication JimM

Comments

• Thanks Karl and Pappy. I wouldn't say it's a teaser, I just thought the shadowing was cool. This kit is so amazing, in some ways it could go on forever. So easy to just keep adding to the scene. I've followed the manual pretty strictly since I've never done this before.
  • Keep up your fantastic work Jim. Love your 3D parts.
  • Jim, check your IBox
  • Pappy, all the details are from the kit. Other than the lighting junction box, which I posted to show how I wired the lighting in the welding shop, everything is from Brett's kit. I do have some of my own 3D prints, but I don't think it would be right to put them in any photos here. This kit has it all.

• edited January 2022
    Got it Jim. Going to sit on the fence for a while and zip my lip. Been spanked to many times for my vews...lol...btw you did post your 3D part here and looked great!
  • It was 20 below zero this morning in central Wisconsin but work still needs to be done in the welding shop tonight. So glad I've got a roaring fire going in the stove to keep me warm while I work on rehabbing the tanks.
    IMG_0559 (3)
  • Thats a fantastic looking scene Jim !!
    What a great shot. (and modeling obvly)

• Jim keep up your fantastic work a usual. Haven't seen better!
  • Great scene !!!! Can almost feel the heat from the stove !!
  • What fantastic modeling, Jim.

George
  • Thanks guys, I appreciate the comments. I've finally finished my O'Neill's. I'm now trying to get some pictures that I'm happy with and fix some flaws that those pictures bring to my attention.
  • Well done Jim, and look forward to seeing the finished product highlighted here.
  • Love it, great shot Jim. Looking forward to seeing more!
  • That scene really conveys the feeling of an early morning in WI! The detail highlights really add ambiance to the whole scene.
  • Really like the moodiness of that last shot.
  • Thanks so much guys. I really appreciate the nice comments. I've learned so much while doing this kit and I've learned much by reading your threads as well. Criticism is always welcome too. I've tried to incorporate any and all suggestions into this model.

As I stated above, I've essentially finished my O'Neill's so I thought I'd do a photo dump. I am really pleased with how this came out. I've essentially copied Brett's manual for placing the items because the pictures in his manual are perfect.

IMG_1SW

IMG_2SW

IMG_3SW
    IMG_1SW

IMG_2SW

IMG_3SW

IMG_1SW

IMG_2SW

IMG_3SW

IMG_0593SW

IMG_1SW

IMG_2SW

IMG_3SW

IMG_4SW
  • Firstly Jim I'm going to start of with saying what a fantastic job you have done with this amazing kit.

Secondly...
    Jim M said:

..... I really appreciate the nice comments....

ALL of those comments were very well deserved through-out.

Thirdly ...
    Jim M said:

.... I've essentially copied Brett's manual for placing the items because the pictures in his manual are perfect.

Yep, thats exactly what I do too when building one of Brett's kit's, everything is so well done, so well laid out and thought out, there's really no need to change it.

Lastly ...

I'm going back to enjoy and re-look at the great work in these photo's for a while.

Really well done !!

• Karl, thanks so much. Your comment means a lot.
    Incidentally, the flat car in the first picture is scratch built. I first made one that was 27 scale feet, but it seemed too long, so I built another that is 20 scale feet long. That might not be prototypical, but it seems better to me. That is still a work in progress, I will load up the flat car as if a delivery is in progress.
    Also, all the lights are operative as well as the burner barrel and the stove in the welding shop. The welding shop also is lit up and the roof is removable. I just glued the ridge cap to one side of the roof. One side can be lifted off.
  • I'm still going back and looking at all the stuff I missed the first 10 times Jim, dont start with new stuff now.
    20' is good for NG, heck 8' is good as long as it covered the trucks, those guys built what they needed, when they needed it...
  • Jim, so many wonderful scenes beautifully modeled. You should be very proud of the completion of this great kit.

Cheers

George
  • George, thank you very much. Yes, I am proud of the results. Such a great kit
  • Excellent results
  • You did a wonderful job here Jim. Beautiful diorama.
  • Wonderful Jim, I am so enjoying the pics. I keep on going back to discover all the details and the beautiful job you did!
  • Brownbr, thank you sir, I appreciate it. I studied your O'Neill's in depth, got some great ideas from you. Thanks

Ken, your dioramas are incredible. thanks so much. It means a lot to receive a compliment from someone as accomplished as yourself.

Brett, I really appreciate the comment, thanks so much. You laid down the bread crumbs, I just followed your lead. Thanks again. Great kit
  • Nice work!
  • Very nice! Thanks for sharing you work.
  • TomMich and ALCO, thanks very much.
  • Call em like I see em Jim...well deserved buddy!
  • Jim, that is some excellent work. Been looking at these pictures for quite some time now. I keep finding more and more goodies. A great build to be proud of.