visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Prog Rules

13»

Comments

• R.I.P. Spencer Davies..... Keep on running...
  • Ken Hensley , the keyboard (and other instruments and vocals) of the Uriah Heep has passend away at 75. Another icon lost. No more Easy Livin......
  • i went to see them in concert once, a long time ago. honestly, the opening act was manfred mann and they completely blew urian heep off the stage. it wasn't even close......
  • "We may not be able to be with those we love but we can love those who we are with."

Says Ed, but hey, didn't Crosby Stills Nash & Young came up with that line.... :smiley: :wink:
  • I fear you'll have to put on a record and close your eyes... I've been enjoying the latest Metheny, 'From This Place' very soothing...
  • Robert and Ed.
    I am also a Pat Metheny fan and have had the great fortune to attend 12 of his live concerts over the years in/around Chicago, Phoenix and Tucson. My favorite edition of Metheny was the Pat Metheny Group. I saw them about 6 times at the Chicago Theater and once at Ravinia and once at The College of DuPage. The best venue by far from a listening point of view was the Chicago Theater. Best viewing was at The College of DuPage a rather small venue. Worst venue by far was Ravinia, an outdoor theater in the far north suburbs of Chicago. Sad day when I learned of the passing of Lyle Mays.
    I introduced my son and daughter to Pat's music at live concerts in Chicago and they became instant fans. My daughter used a guitar soloist at her wedding that played "September Fifteenth" as her processional. I think my personal favorite song by Pat is "The First Circle" although there are many other contenders. It was a sad day when I learned about the death of Lyle Mays,
    Later, Dave Sarther Tucson, AZ
  • Of all the music I enjoy, rarely if ever do I know the name of the piece...several years ago I became familiar with Pat Metheny when one of his pieces of music was used in a Publix Supermarket TV ad for the Christmas season....the ad featured a family traveling via Amtrak...to this day I don’t know the name of the song but I know it is performed by Metheny and I like it... I just know it as the “train song”
    Terry
  • edited December 2020

Last Train Home

Terry
  • RIP JL - still missed after all these years.

40 years ago today. hard to imagine....