visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

E&TJRR Logging

edited November 2023 in O Scale Builds
I have moved to another area of the layout, and work has been progressing for some months now. This area will eventually have the Tractor Repair, the Woodcutters Shack, and some sort of logging camp scene.
Currently the Tractor Repair is under way with the walls being created.
The tunnel portal is something I came up with and scratch built. Later, I will get the landscape fixed after it was added to the opening.Tree3
Tree4
Logging2
Logging1
Tractor1
Tractor2

Comments

• Nice work on the tunnel portal, and the structure walls turned out GREAT!
  • Great job looks very nice. .........C
  • Emery, Great job on the two tone siding. I also like the knots. I know you spent a lot of time getting all of those knots in the boards. Looking good. Randy
  • Wonderful work on the walls Emery! Should prove an excellent addition to the layout. Look forward to your progress on this project.
  • The distressed walls are the best I’ve seen! Great stuff!
  • Thanks everyone. I am working on the windows and battens today. I wish the pictures would have shown all the nail holes on the siding. I will take better close ups when I get to the next stage.
  • Very nice Emery. Love the coloring on those walls and your scenery is terrific.
  • Great coloring on the walls.

Jerry
  • Terrific colouring, knotting and weathering on those walls Emery, beautiful job.
    The dual colour effect is perfectly done. Great job.
  • Outstanding job, going to be such an awesome scene!
  • Always fun to see the layout.
  • Great work, and well organized... Looks a beautiful layout as well...
  • Great work on the siding. I really like the colour choices for inside and out, you really get the sense of weather beaten wood.
  • Looking good Emery. Excited to see this come together!
  • Update on the Tractor Repair Shed. The roof is complete. Next step at some point will be to anchor this down to the layout and start laying out all the detail parts. Blacksmith shop and forge included.
    TractorRepair1
    TractorRepair2
    TractorRepair3
  • turned out very nice! I like the variation in roof materials.
  • Nice work Emery.
  • Great work
  • looks great Emery. I like the weathered and broken boards. Nice gray color on the boards. Randy
  • Nicely done Emery! I like how the roof is lighter than the siding which is as it likely would be. Nice variation of roof materials.
  • Thanks men.
    Ken, unfortunately it must be the light above. I wish I would have been smart enough to think of that. Next model I will remember that idea.
  • That looks fantastic Emery, really well modeled.
    The roof is my stalling point right now on this one, yours came out great.
  • Thanks Karl. Appreciate it sir. Looking forward to how you go about this.
    I believe Ken is somewhere near that stage of work on his version as well.
    Both will be another set of master pieces I am sure of it.
  • Beautiful job Emery.
  • looks fantastic. Very well done.
  • Thanks fellas. Appreciate the support. Always learning more as I go.
  • Looks great Emory. Might want a few rust streaks from the corrugated and some grey brown to fade the tar paper. Detailing is the greated fun in one of these kits. Enjoy the process.
  • Thanks Joel. I agree, the tar paper needs a bit more love. I should have dimmed the overhead LED bench light a bit for the picture as well.