visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Travis from NY

Hi All,

Long time lurker on the forum. Thanks to Brett for allowing me access and for keeping this thing up and running. I am sure it's a beast.

Relatively new to the hobby-- I was one of the pandemic puppies that picked it up to pass the time during the shut down. Even though my grandfather passed when I was relatively young, I have the most distinct memory of him working on a Campbell kit so I think somewhere, deep down, I was always going to start modeling at some point.

Have built 6 FSM kits previously and finished up the inaugural kit from Keep it Rusty not too long ago. That last one featured some board on board modeling so figured I'd take the plunge into my first SWSM kit, the Foundry. I'll post pics as I go along. This one seems to have been covered ad nauseam on the forum so will keep my posts tailored to milestone updates and will surely have many questions to ask and helpful hints to glean from the incredible community of modelers here.

As a single millennial living just outside of New York City, I don't own my own home so space is a little limited (I model on the coffee table in my living room. Yes, it's a mess.) I've ordered the Sawmill and Loco and Service shops and my plan is to try to build the Logging Camp dio connected to the Sawmill as sort of a modular shelf layout.

Looking forward to being an active member of the Forum. The talent, artistry and hard work shown here is truly a testament to you all and to Brett's inspirational kits.

--Travis

Comments

• wow, you've jumped in with both feet! welcome to best modeling forum on the web.
  • Travis….welcome to our “band of brothers “
    Terry
  • Welcome. These guys are a wealth of great knowledge and experience.
  • Welcome! I'm sure you will like it here.

Jerry
  • Hey welcome Travis, really nice having you here. Nothing about seeing a SierraWest kit being built is ad nauseam, so keep us updated as often as you like! The Foundry is a great kit with some many unique materials to work. Active member?...you already are my friend...Ken
  • Welcome aboard! I want to see how the Logging Camp dio (2’ x 4’) fits on the coffee table!
  • Welcome! Looking forward to your builds.
  • Welcome Travis
  • Welcome Travis, can't wait to see your results.
  • Welcome Travis , good you found your way to this wonderful community !!
  • Hi Travis, welcome to this fine community
  • glad you have joined us, welcome!
  • Welcome to the forum Travis, lots to see and enjoy here.
    Also lots of great members that are willing and able to answer any questions you may have.
    As Ken says share as many pics as you want, we can never have too many pics of SW kits being built, it will also help you to see things in a different perspective.

Most of all, enjoy and welcome !
  • Welcome to the Asylum....Enjoy...