visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

The W.W.W Department.. ( Where We Work :) )

edited July 2023 in Miscellaneous
On request, I start this thread and hope others will follow. The place where we work, where we spend countless hours enjoying the building of SW kits and our hobby.

This is my work space. Located in the attic of my old farmhouse. The train runs around the workspace as you can see on the pics. I have a painting area and a construction area. In the latter I build brass locomotives and wagons.

I have several different kinds of paint and pigment powders. There are the enamel paints ( like your Floquil) then there are the Tamiya matt paints, the lacquer paints for the brass models, and also the oils for weathering .

In the home made low cabinet of drawers I keep the stripwood, all kinds of tiny screws and bolts, brass profiles, scenery material , chalk pencils etc. The really dirty work is done in my restoration workshop.

So enjoy the tour.. :) And yes, after every build I clean up !!! :)

DSCN5957

DSCN5958

DSCN5959

DSCN5960

DSCN5961

DSCN5962

DSCN5963

DSCN5965

DSCN5966

DSCN5967

DSCN5968

;)

Comments

• That looks zen like!
  • Thanks for showing us the work space Robert.
    Very organized by what your working on!

Jerry
  • Robert…very nice modeling area indeed….do you have any issues with seldom used paint colors “ settling out” and not being able to shake them back into a usable condition?
    I’ve been looking at a rather inexpensive desktop paint shaker but the Amazon reviews are mixed
    Terry
  • edited July 2023
    I use a piece of straight metal wire, (like from a cloth hanger, that I turned into a loop shape at one end. That I put in my dremel machine. Or even in a small hand held drilling machine( the straight end of course ) Make sure the loop enters the opening. The AK vallejo acryllic bottles have a narrow neck.
  • all that room......
  • This pig pen is what I call a work area. As you can see, it needs some attention before I start the next model build. Right now, this is left over from a lot of landscape work, among other small projects.pigpen1
    pigpen2
  • Looks organized to me…. I bet you know where everything is…..do I spy the Railroad Camp in the background?
    Terry
  • I could not find anything with a roadmap right now. LOL. Yes, it is RR camp and the Truck Repair is right next to it, but hidden behind some bottles.
  • Really nice working places you have. Robert, there is so much room that you could even work on different projects at one time.
    Terry, i use small metal balls, one or two in each plastic bottle, to shake up the paint. My wife actually bought them for cleaning sodastream bottles.