visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

The U.S Mail Railway Post Office. A scratch build edifice..

2»

Comments

• Love the design of this!
  • Really good stuff here Robert.
  • The chimney was made out of isolation foam. Stones were carved with an x-acto knife, primed, painted, colored with pastel pencils and pigment powders.

DSCN5874

DSCN5875

DSCN5876

DSCN5877

DSCN5878

DSCN5939

DSCN5948

and the rest is history.. :smiley:

• Hmmm…have to give this a try!
  • Stonework is really GREAT!
  • Hi Robert:
    this is truly AWESOME and a great teaching vehicle for neophytes like myself. i've never tried a scratch built kit and after looking at this, I probably never will LOL. Just your drawings alone put me to shame. I'm lucky if I can draw a straight line but your design and execution are great. I learn so much and want to thank you for the extensive tutelage you and others give to help us all become better modelers. Looking forward to the rest of the show. Come to Chicago and I'll take you to the shooting range to prepare you for your visit to the Chicago Battlefield, IL. Take care.
  • Wow, love that chimney. Thanks for sharing your process. Hopefully it will inspire more folks to give this method a try.
  • Ok, now that is incredible. Carving work is outstanding.
  • edited August 2023
    Thank you guys. You see, even with the simplest, rudimentary tools , one can achieve great results. Admitted, it is easier and perhaps quicker with the aid of 3D printing machines, laser cutting devices and computers, but this is just 'old school ' modeling... :wink:
  • Wonderful work!!

Jerry
  • Just a joy to follow Robert. Fantastic modeling