visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Terry and the O scale Sawmill

12346»

Comments

• Thanks guys....as I add floorboard after floorboard I feel bad about covering up all that graining and staining of the underlying support timber...surely with some careful planning many, many of those timbers could have been placed as raw stripwood...no graining or staining. Just think of the time that could have been saved.....WHOA...who am I kidding...I would always know I cut a corner just to move forward faster and I would always regret it.
    I've heard over and over from my Buds here on the forum how they do things to the model that are rarely or never seen...but they (the modeler) know it was done and are satisfied they took the time.

Photos surely do show the flaws in a build...Looking at the attached photo I see I placed (3) knots next to each other in successive boards.....the lesson, don't fall into a routine. Nothing that a well placed barrel, box or pallet can't remedy

TerrySWMS Deck01
  • Terry, your flooring is looking superb.
  • Nice work Terry !!
  • Thanks Emery snd Robert….this is such an incredible kit.
    Terry
  • Beautiful job Terry, this makes me want to start mine even more. I wanted to fabricate a base first and I'm struggling to get started with that.
  • You are absolutely right Terry, the extra effort is always rewarded! That is some fine wood detailing my friend. Even when you cover most of it up, any small part peeking through gives the viewer the knowledge that all the wood is treated that way and provides a subconscious "feel" of completeness. Beautiful work!
  • Thanks Jim and Ken….Jim, when it feels right to start you’ll know it’s time
    Terry
  • Love the colouring and texture of the boards. looks fantastic
  • I agree with all the comments, those boards look outstanding.
  • Glad you made it back home safely. Great start on the floor. I too like your drying rack. Randy
  • Thanks Joel, Brett and Randy
  • Beautiful attention to detail and result, looking incredible so far,
    (and I don't say that often.)
  • Thanks, Karl….a SWSM kit just seems to bring out the best a modeler has to give
    Terry
  • Boards turned out great!
  • Thanks Tom

Terry