visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

the "official" Show off your SWSM 3D Printed details thread!

Comments

• I’m still waiting on those 1:1 SWSM ceramic coffee mugs ;-))
    Terry
  • I’m still waiting on those 1:1 SWSM ceramic coffee mugs ;-))
    Terry

yeah, no kidding. i nice solid ceramic coffee mug like they have in diners . you can outsource it brett, no need to 3d print them..... :)

• edited December 2022
    I looked into getting ceramic coffee mugs made by Deneen Pottery a couple years ago, made in USA, but the cost was too high for the number of potential sales. Learned my lesson with t-shirts, not gonna do that again!
  • I see a bunch of new 3D printed details are listed in the store. Pretty cool stuff.
  • great to see all the new deetz. didn't see the sink though....
    here's one of those evinrudes painted up.
    outboard blue and white 1

outboard blue and white 2
    and after following karl's suggestion to hit it wth white chalk:
    outboard dulled 1
    outboard dulled 2

looks a bit more like evinrude blue after the white chalk.

i'm really loving the new details.
  • i just ordered the fordson tractor. i will incorporate it into the logging and tractor repair.
  • Great detail Kevin.
  • Love that motor with gas tank
  • thanks jim and bryan. i'm looking forward to getting the tractor....
    i haven't decided what i'm gonna do with it yet.
  • and no, i wasn't doing lines on my workbench. that's rembrandt white chalk.
  • I drive by a farm frequently that has a late 1930's (I think) era tractor sitting out on the yard as a lawn ornament. It is all rusted and looks pretty cool. I painted this up to mimic that look. There is one in better condition (although out of focus) in the background.

IMG_1381(1)
  • Kevin Evinrude turned out GREAT! Like the stand it is on with the gas can.
  • edited December 2022
    What a fantastic release of new details, the gas pumps variety are outstanding, plus, so many other new and original details.

Terrific work on the outboard Kev and the stand with gas can looks perfect.
    The Fordson looks like it is just wasting away slowly, really well done finish Jim.

Cant wait to see many more here in the thread as they get worked on by the rest of us.

• I just ordered some parts. They look great.
  • Ordered a few things also....I want to get the tractor too...just didn't with this order....I need to get the new sawmill machinery....
  • Kevin,
    Great job on the Evinrude outboard motor. You also hit it out of the park with the rack and gas can. Nice elements for a scene within a scene.
    http://www.craftsmankituniversity.com/vanforum/uploads/imageupload/702/F852LTYYOEGH.jpg
    This should look great with your fishing camp diorama.
    Later, Dave S. Tucson,AZ
  • Kevin.
    BOAT ???????
  • Nicely done Jim.

I agree, that rack, motor, and gas can look great Kevin.
  • Kevin.
    BOAT ???????

nope. not just now. maybe down the road

• kebmo said:

thanks jim and bryan. i'm looking forward to getting the tractor....
    i haven't decided what i'm gonna do with it yet.

had to order the locker set and some boots. it just keeps getting better and better.
  • I am addicted to Brett's 3D stuff....I have stuff I have no immediate need for.....but I will find a way to use it...

i keep on ordering stuff i don't have an immediate need for just cuz the pieces are so damn cool.
  • Kevin, that is so true. I did not need it,but I ordered the tractor. Randy
  • Excellent new details men.
  • yesterday i received the fordson, the locker/coat.hat/boots, and a set of o scale boots. the boot soles have treads. can you believe it? wow.
  • I received my box of the new 3D parts in the mail yesterday, but my wife absconded it to wrap for Christmas for me. We have a son that lives in Denver. Each year when we would visit him. There would be a mandatory visit to Caboose Hobbies. I would stock up on goodies and my wife would keep them for me till Christmas. Since Caboose is no longer there, I was excited to get my new SW details before Christmas. Now there will be something under the tree for me this year.
  • Merry Christmas to Tom!
  • The package was marked as coming from my grandson. Made it all the more special!
  • edited December 2022
    As soon as I opened the package I ran....well kinda....down to the shop.....still needs a bit more work...but here are the boots.....SW Water Tank boots 1
    SW Water Tank boots 2
  • edited December 2022
    Once the paint sets up...some black laces....brass eyelets....and a few scuffs....now if only I could print up a size label......hmmmm.....got an idea....and don't drop them....took me a few minutes to find the one I did...
  • they look really great! i had to fight the urge because we had a houseful of family, but i might be able to get down to the bench later today to work up a pair of boots.