visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

the "official" Show off your SWSM 3D Printed details thread!

Comments

• edited November 2022
    Karl.A said:

Nope, looks perfect to me.

I've started using just regular scotch double sided (for posters/photos, etc) tape for the fragile 3D parts as they are so fragile. It is just strong enough to hold them on a stick.

thanks karl.
    that's exactly what i used, and i attempted to pry it up from all 4 sides with a chisel blade. that's okay, like i said, i'll stack crates or something on it.

• edited November 2022
    OK good, for your next delicate detail try brushing some clean alcohol around the base of the part, it will dissolve the glue on the tape , just wait a minute for the part to fall off. Hope this helps.
  • Kevin, I like it. Looks old and weathered to m e. Randy
  • Looks amazing. The new custom tooling resin I am now using for delicate parts will virtually eliminate any breaks like this! Very happy with it. I took several pieces in my backyard and threw them against my brick wall and they didn't break. A very scientific experiment.
  • Nothing else needed in my opinion. You got a great finish on it.
  • Karl.A said:

OK good, for your next delicate detail try brushing some clean alcohol around the base of the part, it will dissolve the glue on the tape , just wait a minute for the part to fall off. Hope this helps.

thanks mr. wizard. from now on i'll do exactly that.
  • Kevin, add a "weld" to it. Make it look like someone fixed a broken one.
  • EmeryJ said:

Kevin, add a "weld" to it. Make it look like someone fixed a broken one.

that's a clever idea, but it may be above my grade.

• Kevin, hand truck looks GREAT!
  • edited November 2022
    The box idea will work....now...if it were a really heavy box....you could model it as a really heavy box that broke the hand truck....
  • edited November 2022
    I finally have something to share. I followed Bretts latest tutorial on youtube.
    IMG_2612
    IMG_2589
  • Looks fantastic Alex, its an awesome detail, the paint finish is great.
  • Excellent execution Alex! The "hose" looks great.
  • Nice job on the chipped paint Alex. Very convincing.
  • Awesome work on that beautiful detail Alex!
  • Found this photo at a auto auction.

noname-22771_76d271ce9f3544b6851b8b43e29ff36f

• i don't even want to post this after that!
    i've been having fun with 3d printed details.
    details 3
    i realized that i never modeled a new acetylene tank, so i did.
  • I think your hi-boy looks just great Kevin. Nice oil over run and everything. Dont sell yourself short sir.
  • Looking good Kev
  • Did I miss the O oil high boy for sale? or is it in a kit?
  • thanks emery and terry.
    art, it's one of the new 3d printed details. it's gorgeous too.
  • It will be available on my website shortly, along with a whole new group of parts.
  • Wow Kevin, love the work on the hi-boy, color is perfect and love the subtitle weathering and we’ll used look…well done!
  • thanks ken!
  • The beginnings of a tractor i'm working on. This is where i left off last bight. Not quite finished yet....

739E0F58-8432-4E5D-8722-03AA0EF64F53
    658B85EA-EA5D-494B-8CE2-29581CB42771
    3180D886-0A88-4F34-B95C-AC507258393A
  • nice tractor! that's gonna look great when finished!
  • Is that fordson gonna be available in the next batch of available stuff? Second time we've seen it now...
  • edited November 2022
    Trust everyone is having a nice holiday thus far.

Brett sent me a couple of 3D printed HOn3 Logging Disconnect kits to work on. These kits went together flawlessly, the detail is just amazing and further illustrates how SWSM 3D Detail Parts are taking fine scale modeling to the next level! Thanks Brett for allowing me the opportunity to work up these wonderful disconnects.

IMG_4932

Such beautiful 3D rendered details.

IMG_4933