visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

on30 annual

2»

Comments

• I have used sagebrush from Scenic Express and their sea foam to make some trees recently and I am quite happy with the way they turned out.
  • Received my copy today (first time buying it).
    Mightily impressed with it, and Robert's articles are wonderful.
  • Should receive mine this week.
  • edited June 2021
    My apologies on the Scenic Express trees. Thought they were all plastic but after digging further I found a SuperTree starter kit that uses real Sagewood. So I ordered today to get a feel and info. In the mean time, my bro is sending a bunch of Sagebrush wood from Arizona with a variety of trunk and branch diameters.
    These will look great on Brett's SW dioramas if I make them correctly :smile:
  • edited June 2021
    KCSTrains said:

Did you see that Scenic Express is moving from Pennsylvania to Colorado. Pappy, Scenic Express provides the sage brush only. It's up to you to make the final product. Their really good. Phil

i agree. i haven't made any yet but i have opened the box and they do look good.
    and karl....i have the big box too. i would have bought another one but i ran out of storage room. i have a big box of super trees too. and i'll be damned if i'm not gonna try robert's technique one of these days too. i've made wire trees before, but not even close to robert's. that's just sick it's so good. i bet he could sell them for $100 each.

• edited June 2021
    The other big Box sagebrush/trunks/branches I'm getting from Arizona are free. You just have to pick them up in the desert areas where you are authorized to do so.
  • Changed my pic to show who buys all of brett's kits...Corinne.
    She keeps me in line and very supportive on this hobbie of mine.
    I got a little flack purchasing the on30 Mag and the Supertree starter kit.
    Will be in be dog house for awhile..:)
  • Anyone remember when Walthers Sold sagebrush tree's in yellow boxes as a tree kit?? I bought a few of them Years ago cheap at a local train show plus a couple boxes of sagebrush tree's from the same vender
  • We have a number of members who live in Arizona. Maybe they can harvest some sagebrush for the rest of us!!!! Phil
  • I just drove through there....
  • didya bring back any sagebrush?

• No.... it was a marathon sprint.... 109 degrees was too much for me to stay.
  • Just received the Scenic Express Super Tree stater kit Box.
    This kit I believe will give me a bit more feel on creating trees to add to my SW dioramas.
    Still waiting for the Az Sagebrush Box from my bro..lol

Scenic Tree Box-1
  • Nice.

I just spent a week in CO. Out in the western part of the state I saw an abundance of Sage. Wife wouldn't let me pack some in the suitcase.
  • brownbr said:

Nice.

I just spent a week in CO. Out in the western part of the state I saw an abundance of Sage. Wife wouldn't let me pack some in the suitcase.

that's just a damn shame..

• Sorry to hear that Bryan.
    My wife probably would have done the same thing..lol
  • Just received the On30 mag today with Roberts tree tutorial ...good stuff here

on30 mag-1