visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

On a Trip to Vermont

2»

Comments

• That's nothing I thought you lived in VT??

Jerry
  • Southern Vermont got 24 in North nothing I am in the middle.
  • Carl what a beautiful home. Rarely have I see such craftsmanship in home building in these days. Just spectacular!! I agree with Kevin, no wonder your modeling is so great. As for the snow, no thanks. We get very little usually and I don't miss it. I still remember the snow and cold on my late Sept. overnight backpack trip to Mt. Rainier this year. Five mile hike out in low 20 degrees and eight inches of snow. Burrrrrrrrrrrr. Also a great picture of you and Jerry along with wonderful pictures of your home. Wish I was a lot closer to visit you!

Geezerbill in wet Washinton :smile:
  • Hello Everyone.
    Thank You for all the kind words they are over and beyond of what I ever expected.
    If anyone is ever in the area you are welcome to spend some time here, I my area there is a wonderful layout by Dick Elwell Bret has seen it I think it is the best one out there forty years of work so if you are interested let me know.
    Again Thank You. ...........Carl..............
  • Thanks for the invite Carl. How close are you to Boston? Might be up that way in the summer.
  • Bryan.
    Between three and four hours just give me a call.
  • Hi Carl,

Two years ago my wife and I did a road trip thru the New England States. We flew to Boston, and drove to western Mass, up thru Vermont etc. Anyway, I had called Dick Elwell before we left Tucson and asked to see his layout. He didn't know me from hell.
    But Dick was a gracious host and he has a fabulous layout. I was very impressed.
    He is a really nice guy.
  • Hi Steve.
    Dick and I have been friends for over thirty years he is a very good friend of mine. I remember when you had taken your trip next time give me a call.
  • OK we will
  • The real Moon light in Vermont.
    P1010260

P1010261

...Carl....
  • Cool!!

Jerry
  • Still singing Willie's version of Moonlight In Vermont in my head each morning while walking, especially the last few days while many trees (like the Arizona Ash) and many shrubs have come into fall color and started to drop leaves and we have had a full moon.
    The photo is taken facing northeast with the community's clock tower framed by the Arizona Ash trees just before dawn local time and the sun has yet to peek out from behind the Catalina Mountains. The setting full moon is at my back. Thus no full moon or mountains in the photo. Trust me, they are both there.
    SCOV Arizona Ash _Clock Tower 3 e.r
    Later, Dave Sarther Tucson, AZ
  • Dave. Thank's that is a great picture we are having snow for the next two days.
    The reason is snows is that it covers up all of the scars we have put on this earth.
    ...............Carl..............
  • Carl,

Ski season began up in the Catalina Mountains on Thanksgiving after they got the road to Mt. Lemon plowed for the ski and snowboarding fanatics. Since we live on the side of a golf course fairway and green we have to laugh at the dichotomy of what we see in our back yard daily vs what is going on up in the mountains. Snowbirds from the northern tier of states playing golf in short sleeves and Bermuda shorts in December and January with hundreds of families flocking up to the snow covered peaks in full winter gear to enjoy a day in the snow.

After I retired, no longer had to commute to work and was still living in the Chicago area a heavy snowfall was actually a refreshing event. To wake up the next morning to see our hedgerow of Colorado blue spruce trees, the leafless oak tree limbs and ground blanketed in snow snow was very relaxing. In the end it was the bitter cold sub zero temperatures that drove us to life in the Sonoran desert.

Later, Dave S. Tucson, AZ