visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Sierrawest Railroad Camp - HO Scale

Hey Gang,

Here are some pictures of Craig Weeke's Railroad Camp in HO Scale.

Happy Viewing...

Camp1

Camp2

Camp3

Camp4

Camp5

Camp6

Comments

• edited September 2018
    Holy Smokers....very nice...I especially like the second floor lap siding that indicates the under-lying frame work....caulk on a cloth rubbed downward perhaps?...Thankfully I got my hands on this kit before it disappeared for the second time
    Terry
  • Superb! What a beautiful job Craig. Colors are so rich and warm.
  • Beautiful work Craig!

Jerry
  • Holy Smokers....very nice...I especially like the second floor lap siding that indicates the under-lying frame work....caulk on a cloth rubbed downward perhaps?...Thankfully I got my hands on this kit before it disappeared for the second time
    Terry

please expound on the caulk on a rag technique, and it's uses.

there's a house near a friend of mine that the guy built by himself. it took years to complete. its basically a two story colonial (i think) with lap siding just like the 2nd story. the nail holes on this house are evident and clearly visible. i'll try to get some pictures. i think everyone will find them real interesting.
  • at halftime the bears are eating the bucs alive 35-3, so i took a ride and got some pics. i really like this house too. i live in northern redneckia, illinois and was uncomfortable taking pictures from the car so i was in a bit of a hurry. i'm guessing that he took occupancy 8-10 yrs ago, and built it over a 10 yr period.
    note the front door.nailhole house 1
    nail hole house 2
    nailhole house 3

i'm curious what this does to the arguments for and against nail holes......
  • they weren't photoshopped ed. i wouldn't know how to do it anyway....
    yeah, it was great to see the bears actually have a functioning offense. it's been a while.
  • Very, very nice build. Phil
  • edited October 2018
    What a fantastic build of RRC, everything blends together so well and the finishes are very nicely done throughout.
    Craig should be very proud of this build.... thanks for sharing it with us Alan, some great modeling indeed.

Karl.A