visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

#206 Main Street

Comments

• I have uploaded photo's of the Main Street Project for all to see. Notice the peeling paint on the Hotel and on my other Thread on the Locomotive Service Shop. Different and improved techniques. Have fun.
  • You might catch it, but the Hotel and the Dry Goods Store are reversed from the intended plans by mistake. I then had to modify the stairway on the Hotel and now there is a porch. This was my first SW kit to build.

Steve
  • Some how I've been impressed again! Amazing diorama, thanks for posting.

Marty
  • Simply outstanding!
  • Very nice and I like the neat fix and addition to the hotel. Thanks for reposting so that the photos are fixed.
  • Great work Steve, thanks again for sharing it with us.
  • That's a great looking scene
  • Difficult to tell which picture is my favourite.

Brilliant work.
  • Thanks for all the nice comments.

Steve
  • Steve,
    Looking at your life like photos makes me feel that I am there. Just wonderful thank you. Would you please comment on how you achieve the depth of field that seems to have all distances in focus?

Respectfully,
    John
  • First of all, I have the bright sunshine from living in Arizona. That enables me to set the aperture on my camera to the smallest available. On my Nikon, I can over ride the automatic settings and manually set to aperture to 8, and then the speed is adjusted automatically to fit it. The smaller the aperture setting, the greater the depth of field.

Steve

• Steve, I have been away a lot and not updating during the past several weeks. I see what you are saying and will experiment with your advice. I bought a Canon T3i and have the adjustments you re telling me about. Thank you.

Respectfully,
    John
  • Hi Steve; I really like the motel and dry goods store switch. Your ground cover on the fence edges is great. The entire dio is outstanding. Photo shots does the craftsmanship justice. Thanks for the photos

Dave
  • Thanks fo the pics. It looks great !
  • Thanks for sharing these nice pictures of your structures, Steve. The equipment warehouse is my favorite building on the diorama. Very nice overall.

Rich
  • Everything is perfect from the track to the peeling paint to the giant pile of tires. Love the figure placement too. Very inspirational.