visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Pictures of "Rusty Stuff"

Here you can post photos of real life rusty things as inspiration for modelling.

Comments

• Over the weekend of June 9 to 11 I went to a small Australian gold mining town of the 1860's called Woods point. The town has lots of rusty stuff from that era scattered around the town. Here are some that I especially liked..... Greg
  • Ooops....looks like I only half finished the photo inserting process.
    I will try again.
    Greg
  • Very cool Greg. Ive got some pictures on my hard drive somewhere. Ill post them later.
  • Good man, Wes.
    Its always helpful, in my view, to have some prototypes to refer back to.
    Hows the surfing going in the cold?

GregInOz.
  • Surfing is great this time of year. Waves are nice and big with the winter storms that we get. Just have to dodge all the great white sharks in the area.

This aint as rusty as the pics you posted rusty, but it just begs to be modelled. Found this at one of my suppliers warehouses the other day.

• Here are some more of a bulldozer that I took. Some nice colour variations.

• G'day All;

well, I had a little tour around my local area, just a couple of hundred miles, and I found this truck posed at the top of someone's driveway. I don't know much about trucks, but I was reading about critters in another forum, and it looks like a thirties Chevvy grille...

Hope you like it.
    Greg.

• awesome pics brothers!
  • Guys....being as I haunt all kinds of railway related places..I found another cache of derelict standard gauge railway vehicles in a tourist railway. This one in particular caught my eye....Its on the side of a 3200 gallon water tank carriage.... Gregimage
  • Hello all.
    I found this piccy of surface rust on a fuel tanker carriage.
    The paint is just starting to flake away...the base coat is still in place.
    Hope that you enjoy.
    Greg.image
  • My Grandfather's 1951 GMC farm pick-up was in fence row and I finally got permission to do something with it in 2006. It was too late. I could not save it.
  • Thats too bad Alan, I'm sure it would have turned out beautifully, those old trucks sure had style.... and still do!!

I'll dig out some of my "rusty" pics to post.....

Karl.A