visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

2024 National Narrow Gauge Convention

Just completed my registration for the 2024 National Narrow Gauge Convention September 11-14, 2024 in Pittsburg, PA.
This will be my first NNGC...should prove interesting.

Comments

• Ken, I will be helping in the contest room. I hope you will bring a model to enter. Stop in and say Hi. Also, consider coming to St. Louis next year for the 45th. I will be the contest chair for that one. Randy
  • Too far for me to go this year....
  • someday....
  • edited March 11
    Randy, Nice to hear you’ll be there. I sent the organizational folks an e-mail to see if there would be an area for “display only”. Haven’t heard back. Do you have any idea if there would be space available for display? I don’t have an interest in entering any model contests however, it’s like my Dad, who was into antique cars, use to say “not as much fun going to an old car show without an old car”….
  • No need to check Randy. I just got word from the convention folks that display only is fine. Still need to enter it in the contest area just with a label for display only.
  • I'll be there on staff working the vendor area.....I am bringing a diorama for the contest though....
  • Ken, Randy and Art,
    Please take pictures of the displays, contest entries or jus entries shown for Convention attendee enjoyment and share them with us.
    Later, Dave S. Tucson, AZ
  • Unfortunately PA is too much of a drive for me this year.
    St Louis next year is almost a definite for me though...
  • Nice to hear Art. Look forward to knocking elbows with you guys!

Will do Dave.

I get that Karl. The NNGC has always seemed a bit too far for me in the past. Pittsburg is only 3.5 hrs from me so no brainer! St. Louis sounds doable for 2025...
  • Ken, I just checked the forum and that is usual to have a display area. It is usually on a first come basses. Karl, If you come to St. Louis please bring a model. Art, I am also planning to take a dorama this year. Dave, The first of May the Sn3 Symposium Will be about two hours away from you in Mesa, AZ. Randy
  • Thanks Randy, I'll make sure I get there as soon as the contest area opens. I'm planning to bring one maybe two dioramas.
  • KKarns said:

Nice to hear Art. Look forward to knocking elbows with you guys!

Will do Dave.

I get that Karl. The NNGC has always seemed a bit too far for me in the past. Pittsburg is only 3.5 hrs from me so no brainer! St. Louis sounds doable for 2025...

Ken ,

St. Louis was doable for me in 2010 and that is just over 4,000 miles away , I’m sure it is doable for you if you put you mind to it !

Nick
  • Whoa Nick, 4,000!...no worries if you're flying! I'm looking at drive miles. Like my Dad, who collected and restored antique cars, said "not as much fun going to an old car show without an old car"...
  • I’m waiting again for the show to come back to Hickory which is close for me…. We were just coming out of Covid when the show was at Hickory and I decided against going
    Terry
  • I'm not going to Pittsburgh, a bit too far, but plan on attending St. Louis.
  • Karl.A said:

Unfortunately PA is too much of a drive for me this year.
    St Louis next year is almost a definite for me though...

that sounds doable for me too.

• while I totally understand the distance to travel....the ability to see stuff in person....find like minded people and network....and since most brick and mortar hobby shops are gone...these shows are a great place to find stuff...and people sometimes have some very good deals on stuff....the group I belong to The On30 Blacksheep have 4 regular shows...or meets.....2 in Harrisburg Pa. and 2 in Gardiner NY....the Harrisburg shows, the first coming up on April 6th....is technically a 2 Rail O scale....but is heavily On30....the First Mid Hudson Meet in NY is April 20th and 21st, and is more of a 2 day meet to build stuff and sell stuff...very small, but its a great time....the Narrow O show Harrisburg is a huge venue, we have clinics, several module layouts, and a lot of vendors....if you go to the On30 Modelers page on Facebook you can find more info....all I can say is if you can attend any of the National Narrow Guage Conventions....you will agree its almost always worth the extra effort....Hope to see a lot of you there...