visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Greetings from the UK

Hi All,

I have just returned to the fold after many years of wandering lonely in the wilderness with nothing but a Twin Mill construction manual as company . A shining star suddenly appeared and guided me back to the true leader . The one they call Bart . Sorry , I mean Brett . Whilst it might be an exaggeration to say that he has been sent here to save mankind , he has helped a few people back on the path to redemption by producing rather fine craftsman kits over the years. Of which I have built a few .

Twenty years ago a friend and I built an HO/HOn3 backwoods logging layout . It had one public outing and then lay dormant for 18 years . 18 months ago I took it to a local show at which I had a number of requests to attend other shows , which I have duly done . Recently I have had an idea to add an extra bit to give it more interest and intend using a number of Brett’s buildings to add to the ones I have already used . This will include a new kit . I will start a thread at some point to show what it looks like . Assuming I manage to upload the photos .

In the intervening years my focus has been on 1/35th scale European industrial Narrow Gauge using radio controlled brass locos built in Australia . I have also built a number of dioramas that can be best described as being “unusual”.

Some will remember me as Sir NickO from the RRL Forum , others will remember me with a shudder and groan . Well, Boys, I’m back and looking to stir things up with some truly average modelling .

NickO in Ye Olde Not So Merry England.

Comments

• The wanderer hath returned, welcome back Nick, we all look forward to enjoying your modeling and your humor here on the forum.
    Can't wait to see which kits you'll be working on.
  • Welcome back...need another Brit to keep Karl in line...tall order I suspect!
  • Karl.A said:

The wanderer hath returned, welcome back Nick, we all look forward to enjoying your modeling and your humor here on the forum.
    Can't wait to see which kits you'll be working on.

Thanks for welcome , Karl. Having seen some of the modelling on this Forum I am going to have to up my game and it might be a while before I dare show anything new. I see that living in The States for so long has affected your spelling ,as you seem to have missed out the second “u” in humour . Standards have obviously slipped while I have been away and we might need to hand out a few detentions to bring them back to acceptable levels !
  • KKarns said:

Welcome back...need another Brit to keep Karl in line...tall order I suspect!

KKarns said:

Welcome back...need another Brit to keep Karl in line...tall order I suspect!

Thanks, Ken, though I think you might be misguided in the belief that I will keep Karl in line . It is more likely the other way around .
  • Oh my God! He's back. Well a big welcome my friend.
    Does this mean the house is finished???

Jerry
  • welcome back
  • Jerry said:

Oh my God! He's back. Well a big welcome my friend.
    Does this mean the house is finished???

Jerry

Greetings Jerry, I wondered how long it would be before you made an appearance . Thanks for the welcome and even remembering who I am !

You will have to define “finished” . If you mean have I reached a point where we can move in the answer is “yes”. As of last August . If you mean has all the work required been done with nothing left to do then the answer is “no” . That won’t happen for some time yet . The problem is that too many people are asking me to do work for them and I have a job saying no . The time when I can pop off to the beach and have a paddle on a whim has not arrived for me yet .

• Welcome Nick. I am relative new to the forum. I am looking forward to seeing your work. Randy
  • randyp said:

Welcome Nick. I am relative new to the forum. I am looking forward to seeing your work. Randy

Thanks , Randy. As you might have gathered I haven’t been active around here for some years, mainly because my modelling focus shifted away from American Narrow Gauge . I have returned as I am going to be doing some HO modelling for the first time for many years and need to get back into practice .

Nick
  • Welcome Home...
  • Glad you made it back Nick.
  • Welcome back Nick. Big fan of your work and looking forward to seeing more of it.