visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Northeastern Paper Corrugated Roofing

I have built two models using Northeastern's paper corrugated roofing material instead of metal. I find the paper cuts, weathers, paints, and glues much easier than metal corrugated roofing. No need to "bake" the paint on. The corrugations are only the smaller size so far, but in my limited use of the product I really like it, especially since it looks like the metal corrugated material once it is weathered and glued to the trusses. I have only used this is on kits from Bar Mills and decided to order some to get more experience with the product. I'm planning on trying it out on my next Best 60 build. Has anyone else used this? Maybe there are some downsides I am not aware of, but so far I really like working with it and the way it looks.

Comments

• _GML2383[1]
    _GML2380[1]

Here are two pics of what the paper corrugated roofing material looks like when applied and weathered. IMO it looks just like metal corrugated but much easier to work with.
  • That really looks good! Unlike the corrugated roofing it lies flat. Corrugated is difficult to get to lie flat. there always seem to be corners that want to curl up.
  • You're right Tom. I always hated dealing with metal corrugated. The paper corrugated wirks well IMO. I ordered some to try on the Best 60
  • That looks good, couldn't tell it was paper. I haven't tried the paper variant yet.
  • I have a good supply of the Stoney Creek paper corrugated that Roger had made...he did it in silver, black, and also made some distressed stuff. I sat and chatted with him at the NNG that was in Minnesota a few years back...and was luck enough for him to explain to me how he weathered it...and distressed it. I was also smart enough to buy almost all he had. I've been saving it...but I have a need of it coming up.
  • Thanks for your comments. Do you like the paper better or the metal corrugated?
  • I just went to the Stoney Creek web site and Roger has died of cancer and his products are no longer available. Hopefully Northeastern Paper will continue to have the corrugated paper. You were smart to buy most of it. I'll take any scraps you have (LOL). Thanks for sharing.
  • Crap....I'm sorry that I hadn't mentioned that Roger had passed....as for paper or metal...for me it depends.....the roofing Brett provides is great stuff, in good scale size and looks great when done. The paper has a different method of weathering, and I feel can be distressed easily.....try both and see what works best for you.....anyone here will tell you to try different products to see what looks good to you....
  • Nice treatment on the paper corrugated. Definitely has its advantages.