visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Hi there.
New to the forum and looking forward to trying some of the things I see here.
I am. Model railroader and model in N scale, ya it is small but that is where I started so I have to keep going.
Been modeling N scale since the early 70’s.
I have a home layout that is about 9 x 6, a work in progress has they say.
Got into DCC (Digital command control) and now do DCC install for people.
Looking for my first model from Sierra West to get a first look at building.
I have built N scale models in the past, even scratch built a few.
Looking for some thing a bit larger to work on now has age creeps into my world.
Age ? 3 days older than dirt.
Jerry

Comments

• Jerry i am 81 Good Grief where did the time go the door is open so come on in. .....Carl..
  • Welcome Jerry! Look forward to seeing what kit you choose and working up a stand alone diorama is very rewarding. I started out thinking I would build SWSM kits for a future layout, and ended up having so much fun just building the dioramas.
  • Glad to have you here with us, Jerry

Terry
  • you've come to the right place. i modeled in n for years. then i bought the deuling shacks and i've been building in o scale ever sincel
  • From one Jerryto another welcome aboard!!

Geez Carl were starting to catch up with Brett age wise!!

Jerry
  • Welcome aboard.
  • Welcome Jerry !!
  • Welcome Jerry, great to have you as a member!
  • Welcom, Jerry. I have been building Brett's kits for about two years. I still model in Sn3 and have a 54' by 30' layout. Brett's kits are the best Enjoy your first SW model. As my thread tels you I am on my 3rd, 4th, and 5th kits. Randy
  • Welcome Jerry! I also have no layout and just build dioramas. It's a lot of fun and this is a great place to hone your skills. Lots of very helpful and supportive modelers.
  • Welcome Jerry. My first kits from Brett were the Dueling Shacks about 5 years ago. I model in O scale. HO is too small for me. I love Bretts's kits and I've bought every O scale kit he has offered since I've started modeling, although I still have 5 waiting to be built. And the folks on this forum are awesome and really want to help you get to be a better modeler. Again, welcome aboard. We look forward to your participation.
  • jery,
    you need to be careful here. i modeled in n scale for 10 years, and built dozens and dozens of structures.(probably north of 100) at a forum i used to belong to, i heard alot of chatter about how great bretts castings were and i wanted to check them out; i hounded brett for a couple of years asking for n scale kits (hah!), and finally i made the decision to unload all of my n scale stuff and jump into o scale with both feet. which kit are you gonna build?
  • Welcome aboard Jerry. No better place on the internet to learn and model. best kits by far and so much support to help get them just right.