visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Ohio

I am new and from Ohio. Looks like a lot of great people and information on here. I took the plunge and ordered the shipyard. My favorite place to hangout is the Dupont Shipyard at Mystic Seaport. Took some traditional boatbuilding classes there, and if I didnt have to work a real job, I would volunteer full time there. Ordered some trains, built a DCC microcontroller to run them. All I need is more time. thanks for letting me join!

Comments

• Welcome to the forums sir. Best models and modelers anywhere!!
  • I also have a couple pics of an old malt barley factory in Hamilton, OH. I am going to go take some more pics of it as it stands right now. I would like to scratch build this one along with a nice old viaduct we have with multiple arches. I couldnt figure out witch category to post this in. This factory supplied to all the breweries in the Cincinnati area back in the day. Very cool I think.

sohngenplant
    sohngenplant2
  • Welcome to this awesome forum. Can't wait to see how you handle the shipyard.
  • Glad to see you on the forum Danny and welcome. Shipyard is a great waterfront kit and look forward to seeing how it shapes up on your bench.
  • Welcome to the Forum....
  • Welcome Danny. A great place to learn. So many great modelers here. Looking forward to seeing your take on this fantastic model
  • Danny.
    The door is open come in...........Carl.......
  • You are most welcome here !!!!
  • Welcome, great to see you posting! Mystic Seaport will provide outstanding reference material for your build. btw, don't hesitate to post pics from there for all of us to enjoy.
  • Welcome Danny you will get a lot of help here. All you need to do is ask. Randy
  • Welcome Danny, great to have you joining us.
    We all look forward to following, helping, learning and enjoying your progress on your build.
    Have fun and share often.
  • welcome Danny! Great place to learn from some of the best and supportive modelers around.
  • Welcome to the forum, Danny. It's a great group of folks and man you will learn a lot. These guys really know their stuff so you will learn a lot. Plus we will learn from you. It's awesome.