visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Backwoods Work Train HO Scale

The last several months I have been working on the SierraWest HO scale worrk train. I did not post any progress photos because I worked a little bit on this car and then that car etc. did not make sense to me, but here are my final pictures.

Train 10 Edit

Train 14 Edit

Blacksmith Car
Blacksmith Car Edit

Box Car
Box Car Edit

Caboose
Caboose Edit

Flat Cars
Donkey Car Edit

Slab Cars
Firewood Cars Edit

Gravel Car
Gravel Car Edit

Oil Car
Oil Car Sharp  Edited

Pipe and Scrap Steel Car
Pipe Car Edit

Sand Car
Sand Car Edit

Tool and Repair Car
Tool Car Edit

Water Car
Water Car 1 Edit

Comments

• A great job Steven everything looks just as it should I built it a few years back lots of detail work...Carl.......
  • Nicely done...
  • Well done, buddy….the work train kit has intrigued me for quite awhile and I have it sitting on my to-do shelf but….so many SWSM kits and so little time….and the clock seems to be ticking faster
    Terry
  • What a great looking train. Excellent job!!
  • Wonderful job. The detailing really shows up nicely well done.

Jerry
  • Beautifully done. Are those operating wheelsets and couplers? You did a fantastic job.
  • Very nice!
  • Thanks everbody, Yes, all the wheels and couplers work
  • Mind blown! Outstanding!
  • Steve,
    Thank you for including photos of the individual cars. The details and weathering are just exquisite. Each individual car is worthy of the great photos like you have shared. Plus for each of the individual cars photos of each of the car sides would be awesome to see. It looks like you upgraded to Kadee couplers and wheelsets for better operating.
    Hoping someday to see these same cars offered in O Scale by SWSM.
    Later, Dave S. Tucson, AZ
  • Thanks Dave and Alco. I upgraded the coupler to Kadee Prototype ones and the trucks are Central Vlaay or Tahoe. I really like the Tahie Trucks,
  • Wonderful job! Always loved these cars so much and many of these cars were sold in O Scale years ago.
  • Wow, they all look amazing, such a great job you did on them all. Also a wonderful setting to display them in. Beautiful work.
  • I appreciate that Karl. They were fun to build, and I lke funky railroad stuff.
  • This was a fantastic set and you did a great job bringing out all the fantastic details. Beautiful work
  • thanks Joel, comment very much appreciated
  • I missed out on the O scale back in the day....won't spend the ridiculous amounts on Evilbay. Yours look really good.....I plan on scratch building mine using a lot of the SW 3D details in the future...
  • What an awesome set of models! So many of these cars inspired me to scratch build different MOW cars in 1/4" scale.
  • Thanks Ben
  • I need to build mine
  • You and me both , Mike….so many models snd so little time

Terry
  • You and me both , Mike….so many models snd so little time

Terry

I have a huge backlog and way to much other stuff going on!

• Very nice.
  • Excellent work !!!
  • Really well done. Excellent weathering all around.