visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

R.T.R. also known as Robert's Truck Repair..

I actually did this build in between the construction of the BLC. So this time no construction photos, but here it is, the finished Truck Repair.

For the interior photos, I took the roof of to give it some extra daylight. . And yes, there are light bulbs inside ( and outside)

Another great SW kit that I can recommend to anyone who wants a nice kit, not to big to build, super details ( as always) and so much fun to do. The stories you can tell while building these kits , adding details and creating scenes are just awesome. The sky is the limit. And maybe your fantasy also... Not much more to say but enjoy the photos ...

Man, I am running out of kits here. Left are the magnificent O'Neills and the Foundry which I won't start until all sub-kits are out.. So.... next one will be O'Neills... ( I know some of you will ask.. :) )

DSCN5796 kopie

DSCN5797 kopie

DSCN5798 kopie

DSCN5799 kopie

DSCN5805 kopie

DSCN5807 kopie

DSCN5814 kopie

DSCN5816 kopie

DSCN5817 kopie

DSCN5818 kopie

DSCN5822 kopie

DSCN5823 kopie

DSCN5824 kopie

DSCN5825 kopie

DSCN5820 kopie

And who dares to say these shops don't have any style or class... Look at this Carrara marble top on the small chest of drawers...

DSCN5821 kopie

Robert :)

Comments

• Up to your usual high standards. The marble is just over the top.

• i, for one, and very glad you found sierra west.
  • edited May 2023
    Wow Robert, this is incredible. This really gives a road map to where I'd like to be with my modeling, but I know it's going to be a long trip.
    Everything is just so well done. Great work.
  • Robert,
    As always, top quality pictures and modeling!!!
  • Robert…as always your work is a feast for the eyes.
    Terry
  • Your work is always incredible. I can't get over how well your scenery looks so convincing as well......Rick
  • What a treat, superb! Thank you again for posting your inspiring work. Lots to study here.
  • Dear Robert. I noticed that you made a concrete foundation. Did you describe your "recipe" in an earlier thread?
  • Your sense to have things grown in, settled so to speak, makes your scenery look so natural. Just awesome
  • BenPopper said:

Your sense to have things grown in, settled so to speak, makes your scenery look so natural. Just awesome

That's a great observation and very well stated.
  • The treatment of your stipwood for siding etc is the most realistic that I have seen in a model. I would like to be able to duplicate it very much.
  • edited May 2023
    Another fantastic build Robert, as mentioned, your wooden siding is your signature, such a distinctive look that you achieve.
    I really like the finish on the two leaning wheels, they grabbed my attention.
    The shelves, cabinets and details are also masterfully done as always.

Great work and thanks so much for sharing it with us all.
    An inspiration for all of us who look at and admire your work.
  • JenS said:

Dear Robert. I noticed that you made a concrete foundation. Did you describe your "recipe" in an earlier thread?

Jens, the concrete foundation is a piece of card board 2 mm. First I seal it with some varnish so the water in the glue can't swell it. Then I put white glue on it, sift some cement and plaster on it, spray a little water and with a spatula I even it out until I am satisfied with the result. Finish with chalk or pigment powders and washes. So it is actually real cement that gives the concrete look. Give it a try...
    Hope this helps..
  • Thanks Robert.
    I think, i will practice that first on some scrap board :wink:
  • It’s not just what the pictures show us, it’s the skill of the photographer to get us into the scene! Wonderful!
  • Outstanding! Another great build. Love how you have used the details. Especially like the labels on the boxes, cans, barrels, and fan belts.
  • Just another outstanding build!!

Jerry
  • Just fantastic. What a beautiful build of a great kit. The colours and textures are spot on. Your attention to detail is incredible. I love your wood finishes and the old tires, and the shelves, and....
  • Absolutely superb in every way!